Skip to content

Change font size

Chicago downtown parking question

Discuss slide-in pickup truck campers here.

Chicago downtown parking question

Unread postby Hoppy on Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:03 pm

We have a Chevy dully with an eagle cap 1165 truck camper. We will visit friends in a high rise near the lake in downtown Chicago. Where do u park this rig when in downtown Chicago or any other big city for that matter? Hoppy
Hoppy

Re: Chicago downtown parking question

Unread postby Little Kopit on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:26 am

Well, I have a truck camper. I park it anywhere I normally park with just the truck, except for parking garages. & I had a arthritic hip for 2 years before getting a hip replacement operation, so I've not wanted the walk parking garages give one. For what it's worth, this the fun that comes to a senior.

& for what it is worth I've just, yes just last night, gotten home from a cross Canada-plus trip. The plus being a drive to and from Skagway, AK, so I can claim sea to sea as places I've been. There was all kinds of parking in all kinds of terrain on this trip. I drove, but did not stop in Edmonton, AB and Winnepeg, MN.

:mrgreen:
& I, I took the road less travelled by

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

Little Kopit
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Chicago downtown parking question

Unread postby Hoppy on Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:59 am

Thanks. We r 27 1/2 feet long with the Ranch Hand bumper on the front and the Eagle Cap specs say we r 102 " wide. We have wondered about parking in long term airport parking in big cities. Then our friends could pick us up there and we'd pay the daily fee. I don t know if some airports have a overhead bar to limit entry height. Hoppy
Hoppy

Return to Slide-In Campers