Skip to content

Change font size

Air Conditioning in a Tent Trailer?

Discuss folding and popup style trailers here.

Air Conditioning in a Tent Trailer?

Unread postby GPGuy on Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:53 pm

I'm looking to purchase a tent trailer down the road a bit, but I've started to do some research. I've noticed that not many have air conditioning. The only ones I've seen that do are the Coleman's. So I have a couple of questions:

How hard is it to add it in after the fact? How expensive is it?

Would an upright style room air conditioner I've seen sold work for something like this?

TIA ;)
GPGuy

Re: Air Conditioning in a Tent Trailer?

Unread postby pwall on Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:47 am

Hi.

I've seen many tent trailers around with A/C's installed. To be honest, I hadn't taken notice what make they were, so can't say if they were all Coleman or not.
I would think that having an A/C installed in any tent trailer wouldn't be difficult, all long as you can get power to it.

In regards to those portable units, I'm sure they would work ok in the trailer, however, they are going to take up precious space, where the room a/c won't take any room inside the trailer at all.

Welcome btw. :)
Patrick.
pwall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby GPGuy on Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:05 pm

pwall wrote:Hi.

I've seen many tent trailers around with A/C's installed. To be honest, I hadn't taken notice what make they were, so can't say if they were all Coleman or not.
I would think that having an A/C installed in any tent trailer wouldn't be difficult, all long as you can get power to it.

In regards to those portable units, I'm sure they would work ok in the trailer, however, they are going to take up precious space, where the room a/c won't take any room inside the trailer at all.

Welcome btw. :)

That is quite true on the space issue. I'll have to stop by one of our local trailer dealers and see what they have to say. And thank you for the welcome. 8-)
GPGuy

Unread postby pwall on Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:22 pm

If you're looking for a place nearby, I've done business with 'Outdoor Travel' in Hamilton before....excellent customer service. Not in Niagara Falls, but not far. ;)
If you stop in, tell Dave (salesperson) that I said hello.
Patrick.
pwall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby GPGuy on Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:04 pm

pwall wrote:If you're looking for a place nearby, I've done business with 'Outdoor Travel' in Hamilton before....excellent customer service. Not in Niagara Falls, but not far. ;)
If you stop in, tell Dave (salesperson) that I said hello.

Thanks Patrick! I'll keep that in mind.
GPGuy

Return to Folding / Popup Trailers