Skip to content

Change font size

rv Shopping

Discuss fifth wheel style trailers here.

Moderator: Limey

rv Shopping

Unread postby Big Rig Guy on Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:18 pm

Older buddy of mine is thinking seriously of going full time, sell the house and live in a fifth wheel. We went out yesterday to check out what is available in the higher end fifth wheels. Seen three Alfa's new left over stock, and was really not all that impressed with them. Poor fit on trim panels and some mouldings on the outside of the trlr were beginning to pull away from the trailer side walls. One had water marks under the roof of one slideout and another had cracks in the sidewall under the bedroom slideout. Biggest turnoff was the single panel windows. Alot of steel screws rusting away and leaving rust marks on the sidwalls. Some screws not even sitting level.

At another location, checked out the new Designer's. Better built and nice units, but pricy, out the door at close to 70 grand, I thought they were around 50-55 last year?????? Overall Jayco does build a nice product as I said to the salesman, that Jayco has it figured out. Was also impressed with the Big Sky too.

Was hoping to see the new Jayco Legacy but they were out of stock, the salesman said that he was not really impressed with them as they are supposed to be top of the line.

It was a good day, weather was great and I gotta out of work for the whole day.
There's a method to the madness, disturb the method and the madness begins.
Big Rig Guy
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Re: rv Shopping

Unread postby pwall on Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:39 pm

Any day looking at RV's is a good day.... :)
Patrick.
pwall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Fifth Wheels