Skip to content

Change font size

Hey all

Discuss traditional (ball hitch) travel trailers here.

Hey all

Unread postby Justardnck on Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:28 pm

New member here looking forward to spending some time here
2003 GMC Sierra 2500HD, extended cab, long bed, 4X4, 6.0L, 4:10 gears
2003 Forest River Flagstaff 25LB
No WD hitch or sway control. Primus brake controller
Justardnck
Established Member
Established Member

Re: Hey all

Unread postby skipnchar on Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:27 pm

Welcome aboard and glad to have you. I'm kind of running backward as I just took a look at those GREAT campsite shots before I got to this post. Anyway, welcome to the forum and looking forward to more posts / Skip
2007 Rockwood 8314SS Travel Trailer
F-150 HD OR F-250 PSD SCREW (whichever I feel like driving)

skipnchar
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby Zinger on Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:53 pm

Hi welcome what part of the country do you hail from.
Have a good one
Greg Morin
2008 Zinger ZT 260 BH

Zinger
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby Justardnck on Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:53 pm

skipnchar wrote:Welcome aboard and glad to have you. I'm kind of running backward as I just took a look at those GREAT campsite shots before I got to this post. Anyway, welcome to the forum and looking forward to more posts / Skip

If you guys have a tech section I can duplicate my roof repair post from the other forum over to here to help get things moving
Justardnck
Established Member
Established Member

Unread postby skipnchar on Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:10 pm

That sounds like a pretty good idea. I'll pass it on to PrivatePilote and see what he thinks about a DIY section or something like that. / skip

skipnchar
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby Zinger on Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:12 pm

I would think in the future there will need to be sub categories as the boards become more full. :D
Have a good one
Greg Morin
2008 Zinger ZT 260 BH

Zinger
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby Justardnck on Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:18 pm

skipnchar wrote:That sounds like a pretty good idea. I'll pass it on to PrivatePilote and see what he thinks about a DIY section or something like that. / skip

So far I have found an older used TT has me on my toes, first was removing one of my lower bunks to give the dog more space then I removed the dinette and built a cabinet over the RVQ line and now my roof repair. I was about to remove a bathroom wall and a cabinet to make the bathroom bigger but I found a vent pipe in the way so I scrapped the idea and left it the way it was.
Justardnck
Established Member
Established Member

Unread postby Zinger on Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:22 pm

Justardnck wrote:
skipnchar wrote:That sounds like a pretty good idea. I'll pass it on to PrivatePilote and see what he thinks about a DIY section or something like that. / skip

So far I have found an older used TT has me on my toes, first was removing one of my lower bunks to give the dog more space then I removed the dinette and built a cabinet over the RVQ line and now my roof repair. I was about to remove a bathroom wall and a cabinet to make the bathroom bigger but I found a vent pipe in the way so I scrapped the idea and left it the way it was.

you sound very motivated i like my new trailer but have often thougt having an older one to redo would be a neat project.
Have a good one
Greg Morin
2008 Zinger ZT 260 BH

Zinger
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby Justardnck on Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:04 pm

Zinger wrote:
Justardnck wrote:

you sound very motivated i like my new trailer but have often thougt having an older one to redo would be a neat project.

Well I'll never admit this in front of my woman but I think I made a slight error in my purchase. Originally I looked at new and I really didn't want to take a loan on a new one so instead of putting 10K on a new one and financing the balance I decided to find the best used TT for around 10K. We both decided that was best and that we should buy a smaller trailer to start off with. We knew we were only gonna use it for short 2-3 night trips so we decided we didn't need a slide (a big mistake). We learned quick that the slide is important especially for the dog cause dogs turn around not back up. This prompted the removal of the dinette for space as well as the lower bunk. After we used this TT for the first 3 night trip we realized we also wanted more elbow room while on the toilet. Although I think we made a mistake what we prob did was make a 10k investment that kept us from making a 30K mistake (if we had bought a TT not knowing what we would truly want)
Justardnck
Established Member
Established Member

Unread postby PrivatePilot on Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:29 pm

Justardnck wrote:If you guys have a tech section I can duplicate my roof repair post from the other forum over to here to help get things moving

Great idea, the new forum is setup and ready to go - you'll find it listed on the index.
PrivatePilot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby PrivatePilot on Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:32 pm

Zinger wrote:you sound very motivated i like my new trailer but have often thougt having an older one to redo would be a neat project.

Well, in a month or so when I can get mine out of the snow, some of my "dirty little secrets" about our current RV will come out of the woodwork.

Suffice to say we got an awesome (and rare) trailer for the money we paid, but it turned out to be not without "project" status. We've got a few busy weeknights and weekends ahead of us, and I think I'll actually keep a log of our project as it goes on in the new forum.
PrivatePilot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby skipnchar on Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:35 pm

How's THAT for service guys and gals? Took PrivatePilot all of 15 minutes to get the new suggestion implemented. Nice job
ATT06282.gif
ATT06282.gif (18.56 KiB) Viewed 5970 times

skipnchar
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby Justardnck on Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:45 pm

Heres a shocker!!! I went to the other forum to copy my roof repair thread and guess what???? The damn forum is down again
Justardnck
Established Member
Established Member

Unread postby fla-gypsy on Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:58 pm

Justardnck wrote:Heres a shocker!!! I went to the other forum to copy my roof repair thread and guess what???? The damn forum is down again

Precisely why you are starting to see more and more familiar names here. Not only was it unreliable if you complained too loudly, like me, you got threatening PM's from the moderator enforcer. The experience here has been great so far
2006 Keystone Hornet 29RLS
09 F-250 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L
http://community.webshots.com/user/flagypsy57
St Andrews State Park cult member
fla-gypsy

Unread postby Rough2000 on Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:10 pm

Justardnck wrote:Heres a shocker!!! I went to the other forum to copy my roof repair thread and guess what???? The damn forum is down again

That's why you're seeing more and more family here. I was LOL as you talked about your dog and all you have done. When we started looking for a TT we looked at some w/o a slide, "had to have a slide for the dog". As we were looking for a new truck... "had to have the Mega Cab, for the dog!" However, she is great company when I do something stupid and no one else will talk to me. :lol:
2006 Dodge Mega Cab w/ Cummins
"Real Trucks don't have Spark Plugs"
2009 Jayco Designer 34RLQS
What you said, what you thought you said and what I thought you said are THREE different things.
Rough2000
Established Member
Established Member

Unread postby Justardnck on Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:16 pm

Rough2000 wrote:

That's why you're seeing more and more family here. I was LOL as you talked about your dog and all you have done. When we started looking for a TT we looked at some w/o a slide, "had to have a slide for the dog". As we were looking for a new truck... "had to have the Mega Cab, for the dog!" However, she is great company when I do something stupid and no one else will talk to me. :lol:

Well I hand delivered him and 11 of his brothers and sisters, out of the litter I kept 2 of them, last year I lost his brother to a sickness so now I spoil him rotten. It's funny to see the things we'll do or the money we'll spend for our dogs.
Justardnck
Established Member
Established Member

Unread postby Rough2000 on Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:44 am

Just got back from the vet. Spent $300 getting her annual physical, meds, etc. I believe that's more than I spend on my annual physical.

I remember I was at the vet one time and the nurse hung up the phone and was laughing really hard. I asked her what was so funny, she said this lady had said she just "got a FREE puppy". She just got a puppy with no money down. :lol:
2006 Dodge Mega Cab w/ Cummins
"Real Trucks don't have Spark Plugs"
2009 Jayco Designer 34RLQS
What you said, what you thought you said and what I thought you said are THREE different things.
Rough2000
Established Member
Established Member

Unread postby Justardnck on Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:10 am

Rough2000 wrote:Just got back from the vet. Spent $300 getting her annual physical, meds, etc. I believe that's more than I spend on my annual physical.

I remember I was at the vet one time and the nurse hung up the phone and was laughing really hard. I asked her what was so funny, she said this lady had said she just "got a FREE puppy". She just got a puppy with no money down. :lol:

You know that's the truth :lol:
Justardnck
Established Member
Established Member

Unread postby jp rver on Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:34 am

fla-gypsy wrote:

Precisely why you are starting to see more and more familiar names here. Not only was it unreliable if you complained too loudly, like me, you got threatening PM's from the moderator enforcer. The experience here has been great so far

Really? Wow! :shock: I hadn't really complained too much, but I did make a few comments on some of the threads about poor site performance. Instead of spending time sending out threats to members, they should be spending time trying to come up with solutions to their problems.

I was very happy when I got the message about this site and you are right it has been great!
2005 Forest River Surveyor SV291
1995 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 Reg. Cab 5.9L Magnum 360, timbrens, low miles (77,300) It's old, but it's paid for!!
jp rver
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread postby Justardnck on Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:49 pm

Zinger wrote:Hi welcome what part of the country do you hail from.

Oops, sorry I managed to miss this post. I'm from Palm Beach Florida
Justardnck
Established Member
Established Member

Return to Travel Trailers