Skip to content

Change font size

Tornado install

Discuss traditional (ball hitch) travel trailers here.

Tornado install

Unread postby LA_Bolt_Fan on Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:57 pm

I bought a tornado black tank flusher to flush and also clean the sensors which seem to always be malfunctioning. When I went to install, I saw that my tank has a metal frame around 3 sides, the only side free is the side with the sensors. Any ideas on how to install on the other sides, or do you think if I install next to the sensors it would still clean them?
Attachments
SANY1562.JPG
Backpacking one weekend, RV'ing the next!!
2007 Thor Summit 22rb
2000 Dodge Ram Van 2500 5.2L / 3.92 Gear
1 Beautiful Wife and 2 Happy Traveling Iguanas
San Diego SUPER Charger Fan
LA_Bolt_Fan

Re: Tornado install

Unread postby Fire Instructor on Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:36 pm

My Tornado is also on the sensor end, for the same reason as you. However, I had given up any hope of ever foinding an in-tank black water sensor that worked consistently. To my surprise, my black-tank sensor actually now works about every second or third flush! Since I fill grey at about 3X the rate as black, I'm thinkng of installing a Tornado on my grey tank before this season is underway.
Fire Instructor

2004 Dodge 1500 4dr 4x4
2009 Rockwood 2607
300 Watts of SunTech Solar Panels
Rogue MPT-3024 Controller

Fire Instructor
Established Member
Established Member

Unread postby GoinKZ on Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:58 pm

I installed my tornado about 6" from my sensors on the same tank wall. Sensors work better but are no means 100% accurate. I see no harm in mounting it as close as you need to the sensors....

"I'm thinking of installing a Tornado on my grey tank before this season is underway."

I also did this.
I was having odour issues in the rig, which I initially thought was BW related, I use odourless like a lot of other guys I camp with and they commented numerous times that they where having zero issues with BW tank odour. This set me to thinking if that rotten smell I was getting was GW instead, so I installed a tornado into the GW tank as well. WHAT A HUGE DIFFERENCE, the stuff that comes out of the GW tank is just as bad as out of the BW tank. Bonus is the sensors now work in the GW tank as well. Pop the additional 20 clams and put the second one in the GW, you'll be glad you did. While your at it, pick up a clear elbow for the dump valve so you can watch the progress of the tornado.

Some pics in THIS ALBLUM
1999 Ford Expedition Triton 5.4L/ 2008 KZ-Sportsmen S272LE
Equal-i-zer, Prodigy,McKesh Mirrors & Power by Champion
DW-MrsGoinKZ
DS-Wildboy
DFK-Tohona
MacGregor Point PP "Winter Warrior" Site#52
Our Pictures
http://www.4scf.com
GoinKZ

Unread postby cwit on Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:55 am

I installed one in my black tank, not sure it helps with my tank sensors but it sure helps to get rid of the solids. I want to do my gray tanks next.
cwit

Unread postby Trailblazer on Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:46 pm

In the past I have used the Hydro flush unit for cleaning out my black tanks, but at the end of last season I broke down and finally purchased two tornado units. I plan on installing them in both my BW and GW tank. While searching the web the other day I came across the following video which first talks about flushing your tanks but also shows someone installing a flush kit in the black tank. When watching it you just have to get past the commercial at the beginning of the video. I thought this video might be helpful to anyone who wants to install a tornado.
Me - Trailblazer
DW - Trailblazerette
2008 F250 6.4L PSD
2005 T2753 Sunline Solaris
Trailblazer

Unread postby Bob Vaughn on Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:07 am

I have an enclosed belly and my black water flush connection is in a remote compartment.....How hard would it be to add these bath and kitchen grey water tank washers ?
I am not fat just vertically challenged
Bob Vaughn

Return to Travel Trailers