Skip to content

Change font size

Integrated Brake controller

Discuss traditional (ball hitch) travel trailers here.

Integrated Brake controller

Unread postby Paul45 on Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:21 am

I need advice! Upgraded my 2009 diesel dually this year to a 2017 one (RAM 3500) and with it have gone from an aftermarket controller (Prodigy) to an integrated one. My initial experience with this new technology is depressing; I can't come anywhere near locking the wheels of the RV with the integrated controller despite the fact that I have it set at heavy duty electric and run it at the max setting of ten at all times to get any amount of breaking which varies from very little to what I feel is about 30% of what I should get. The Prodigy which I ran for years was able to be set to almost lock the wheels if need be. My Dodge dealer checked out the unit and said that it appears to be working as per specs which leaves me in a quandary. I understand that I am not the only one complaining about these integrated controllers! Can anyone shed some light on this; I continuously test the unit by activating the controller manually and get from almost nothing to some breaking! Is it my lack of familiarity with this unit or what? Thanks Paul
Paul45

Return to Travel Trailers