Skip to content

Change font size

Wildwood trailer awning problem.

Discuss traditional (ball hitch) travel trailers here.

Wildwood trailer awning problem.

Unread postby fogu on Mon May 01, 2017 1:07 pm

Hi everyone I am new to the forum and relatively new to rving. We have a 2006 Wildwood 27 ft. travel trailer. We pulled the awning out to clean it, and when I rolled it up again the pull strap got caught at the end of the roller and became badly knotted up and the awning stopped retracting. I freed the strap and flipped the release switch, but now the awning only rolls out to the point where it stopped. It's like the awning and the tension of the roller are no longer in sync(if that makes any sense). I think if I disconnect the awning from the arms and extend it manually, this may correct it. Any thoughts on this?
fogu

Re: Wildwood trailer awning problem.

Unread postby RonJK on Mon May 01, 2017 6:00 pm

Welcome to the forum.

I am not sure what the issue may be as the pull strap knotting up should not affect the tension on the roller.
When the awning stopped (caught in the strap) did you flip the release before pulling the awning down to release the strap.
If you didn't but just forced the awning open without doing the release it may have damaged the tension mechanism.

I have stopped my awning half way up and in order to get down again had to release the lever on it to open.

Not much help, but maybe someone else can give some imput.
RonJK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wildwood trailer awning problem.

Unread postby fogu on Mon May 01, 2017 9:40 pm

No I didn't force it. I just flicked the latch and that is as far as it went.
fogu

Return to Travel Trailers