Skip to content

Change font size

Long term stay and Jayco versus Keystone

Discuss traditional (ball hitch) travel trailers here.

Long term stay and Jayco versus Keystone

Unread postby Samsam on Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:37 pm

Hi all
We have been researching trailers but have had a tow vehicle issue (ie we don't have one), so now we have a new plan:

Buy the size trailer we want/ need, and plan to park it at a long-term stay campground, and then just drive to it whenever we want.

Being in Vancouver, BC, our weather is mild enough that we could feasibly camp year round.. Also, our kids are all under 5 so they won't mind going to the same place each time..

Then down the road we can look at getting a tow vehicle and getting to some real exploration with our trailer :)

So, firstly - does anyone think that is a workable plan?

Secondly, if we were considering these two trailers, which one would be preferred (same quad bunk layout, slide in dining area):

2005 Jayco Jay Flight 31 BHS

2008 Keystone Cougar 30 BHS (with "Polar" package: enclosed underbelly)
Samsam

Re: Long term stay and Jayco versus Keystone

Unread postby RonJK on Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:46 pm

That sounds like a doable plan except it may be hard to find the long term campground.

I know that up here in the Okanagan to find a long term campsite is not impossible but for the months of July and August the cost goes through the roof.

We have some friends in Abbotsford that park at a RV park out in Hope and it is not too unreasonable. I think it is just north of Hope. I believe the name is Hope River RV Park around Emory Creek.

Sorry, I can't help with trailers as we have a Class A and have always had motor homes.
RonJK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Travel Trailers