Skip to content

Change font size

Out of hibernation

Discuss traditional (ball hitch) travel trailers here.

Out of hibernation

Unread postby mikhen on Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:10 pm

Got a chance to work on the TT this weekend, finally. Replaced some border, and a few other minor things. Also, pulled it off the boards we had it sleeping on. First time hitching with the Putnam. No flex and for some reason, when I pulled it to a level spot, the setup looked great. I lowered the Equal-i-zer when I put the Putnam on, but I didn't have to adjust the angle of the hitch. Boy, if it wasn't for pesky neighbors, I would have gotten more done. But, at least it's a start. Hopefully this week, the roof and all gets cleaned. Can't wait till the first trip.
2005 Forest River Sunseeker 3100 qbs

The MOST free camping giveaways in Pa....
http://www.campingpa.com

Our Camping in Pa Webpage
http://www.campinginpa.weebly.com
mikhen

Re: Out of hibernation

Unread postby skipnchar on Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:00 pm

It was de-winterizing weekend for me also. A club to which I belong is wanting to get their first weekend camping trip together for next weekend and I haven't touched the trailer since we got back from Texas. That was the first time we'd winterized the Rockwood as last winter it just sat in the drive with tank heaters on for the few really cold days/nights we had after we got back and before we left.

I'll be busy for the next few days getting everything cleaned up but at least I know everything still works and the water system is flushed. I'll be sanitizing tomorrow then starting on the little "honey do" list of tinker type stuff. Broken flapper in the range vent (I just GOTTA remember to latch that thing) scrubbing the vinyl roof, pulling the wheels and checking brake linings and packing bearings (not looking forward to either of those). I guess you gotta pay to play though.
2007 Rockwood 8314SS Travel Trailer
F-150 HD OR F-250 PSD SCREW (whichever I feel like driving)

skipnchar
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to Travel Trailers