Skip to content

Change font size

New Member!

Our little pitstop where new members can pull over and introduce themselves to everyone! Tell us about your family, your rig, or your experiences - it's all good!

New Member!

Unread postby rwm2 on Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:44 pm

We bought an old Scotty camper-probably around a 1970 model- and remodeled it. We started with the back end rotted off and holes in the restroom floor and holes in the bathroom ceiling etc. Now it has new beds, microwave, refrigerator, VCR, ice maker, 12 inch LCD tv, AC and running water in the sink and restroom. It's repainted inside and outside and we pull it with a little Nissan pickup. Even with it behind us we get around 25 mpg-28 mpg w/o the camper. We bought a eu2000i honda generator and built a strong cage we could lock on the truck with locks so it can't be stolen w/o some trouble. We also got a bicycle lock we can lock the tires with so no one can just pull it off if we leave it awhile to go to a movie etc. I like hearing how others fix things so they r safe etc while traveling...Wayne, Linda and Snowflake here.
rwm2

Re: New Member!

Unread postby PrivatePilot on Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:33 pm

Welcome! I'd love to see some pics of your remodel!
PrivatePilot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby cwit on Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:52 pm

Ther is nothing more gratifying than rebuilding something, I did a 1974 Nomad same shape as yours was. I had it sold before I even finished it. :D
cwit

Unread postby fla-gypsy on Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:29 pm

Where's the pics?
2006 Keystone Hornet 29RLS
09 F-250 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L
http://community.webshots.com/user/flagypsy57
St Andrews State Park cult member
fla-gypsy

Unread postby rwm2 on Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:02 pm

Well I don't have pics but it turned out pretty good...I figure I got around $4500 including my honda generator in my camping equipment...That's about a fourth of what I'd have in it if I had bought new. While some things r not as good as it would be if I had bought a new camper some r better-like my bed.
rwm2

Return to The Welcome Center