Skip to content

Change font size

New to the forum from Mi

Our little pitstop where new members can pull over and introduce themselves to everyone! Tell us about your family, your rig, or your experiences - it's all good!

New to the forum from Mi

Unread postby thetwoofus on Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:56 pm

Hello all, I registered yesterday and have looked around a bit and find this a very interesting forum. My wife and I are from Grand Ledge Mi and last winter we spent our first winter (08) in Az and Tx and had a ball. It sure was nice to be away from Mi and all the snow and cold. We left Mi around the middle of Jan and got home the middle of April.
We spent our time in an 2007 30 foot Aerolite. It was nice being our first winter away from home but we were a bit confined with just the little slid-out that moved our table out a foot. We decided we needed a bit more room.
So we started our search for something a little bigger but not to bust the bank and not need to up-grade our truck. We decided on a 2009 Rockwood 8319SS that is being built to our specifications as I type this. Two nice big slide outs and we ordered the Atrium windows on the slides and the cream colored cabinets and the linoleum plank flooring, table and chairs and a whole list of cool add ons.
Out with the plane ol aerolite and all it's problems and into something built by Forest River with more room and it'll be much more comfortable. Actually it's not being built right this moment because Forest River is down for a week of vacation for all the employees. They say it'll be done and we'll have it the first part of Aug.
When we get it, I'll post a pic or two of the unit.
I'll be posting around in here, see you on a thread sometime.
George
2011 Cedar Creek 36B2 ordered with outside kitchen removed and a nice big wardrobe in it's place.
Pulled with a 2011 F-250 Super Duty 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab and 8' box with a Hensley Trailer Saver.
thetwoofus

Re: New to the forum from Mi

Unread postby ButteBumBob on Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:52 pm

Welcome and congratulations !!!! I think you made a wise choice on your new (on order) trailer. August will be here before you know it. Thanks for joining and tell your friends about us.
2004 Crossroads Cruiser 29rk
2004 GMC Sierra, crewcab,SB,4x4,Duramax/Allison
1973 Seeker travel trailer (for the short trips)

ButteBumBob
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread postby Limey on Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:36 pm

Welcome to the forum George! :)
Martyn (aka Limey)

2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 QC CTD 4x4 SLT; 2007 Coachmen Chaparral 267RLS;
Reese 15K Slider; Prodigy; JT Stabilizers; Rotochoks; 2 Honda EU2000i's
2006 Glastron MX175
Limey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby PrivatePilot on Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:35 pm

Welcome! We just came through MI a few days ago on the way back from the west coast, stayed at a big campground in Jackson MI.
PrivatePilot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby thetwoofus on Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:20 pm

PrivatePilot wrote:Welcome! We just came through MI a few days ago on the way back from the west coast, stayed at a big campground in Jackson MI.

Hello, What camp ground did you stay at? We've been all over the place but never stayed in Jackson, probably because it's to close to home. It would be nice to know of a place to take the grand kids close to home.
Hope you were here when the weather was nice. Tha past few days have been pretty good. Like most every place we've had our share of rain.
Nice to hear from you. :)
2011 Cedar Creek 36B2 ordered with outside kitchen removed and a nice big wardrobe in it's place.
Pulled with a 2011 F-250 Super Duty 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab and 8' box with a Hensley Trailer Saver.
thetwoofus

Unread postby PrivatePilot on Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:27 pm

We stayed at Greenwood Acres:

http://www.greenwoodacrescampground.com/

It's majority permanent trailers with a mix of transient sites through the park, but it was a good park overall with the exception of the overwhelming numbers of golf carts. There was lots to do, it was well maintained and operated, and the sites weren't cramped. All the facilities were spotless, there's a small store on the property, etc etc. Seems like it would be a great place to have a permanent site (for those in that boat) as there seemed to be a real community atmosphere.

The kids loved the pool and the beach most. :)
PrivatePilot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby The Wood Tinker on Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:40 pm

Welcome and congrats! Sounds good, hope you enjoy the summer. 8-)
Jerry & Sharon †
Bindi, Cody and Terra the furry kids
Lake Elsinore, Calif
'08 F250 SD
'08 299BHS Tango
The Wood Tinker

Unread postby cwit on Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:40 am

Welcome to the forum. You will be like a kid in the candy store when you get your new camper. We became snowbirds last winter also. Start posting and enjoy your new camper. :D
cwit

Unread postby catmom on Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:46 am

Welcome! The space in your new camper will be like heaven compared to the old one! We just finished a long (28-day) trip with our trailer (similar to yours, slightly longer, I think) and never felt confined or got tired of being "on the road" staying in it. Enjoy!
2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 CrewMax 5.7L w/ tow pkg
2008 Flagstaff 831RLSS
catmom

Unread postby dalenoel on Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:32 pm

Welcome George. Good to hear from others in the state.
Dale in Howell
04 Dodge RAM Quad Crew Cab 4x4
08 Jayco Eagle 322 FKS
Hensley Arrow
Prodigy Controller
Wife and I, Oreo the Malshi, and maybe a grandkid or two
dalenoel

Unread postby thetwoofus on Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:28 pm

It's nice to hear from all of you. I keep getting the emails letting me know you've posted, just getting to the PC has been a bit hard the past few days.(2 weeks) We have 3 of our grand sons here from CA and finding downtime has been a little hard. When we've been home my neighbor has a nice stocked pond and these guys love to fish. That's where I've been when we weren't at the Ionia County Park for 3 days camping. Tomorrow is a trip to Lake Mi so they can swim and see the lake over by Muskegon. Monday will be a day spent here at home getting ready for another leg of their Summer vacation, a nice long drive to Nebraska with the other set of grandparents and then a flight home to CA in time for the starting of school. WOW!! summer vacations were never like that for me as a kid.. :roll:
Now to get the Aerolite cleaned out again and ready to pick up the new Rockwood as soon as they call in Aug.
We are getting excited to be able to move around in the Rockwood and not fall over each other. Like I said before, I'll post a pic or two as soon as we get the Hensley Arrow put on and bring it home. :)
thetwoofus

Unread postby Limey on Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:21 pm

BTW - if you don't want to be notified automatically when there is a reply, go to the 'User Control Panel', select 'Board Preferences', then 'Edit Posting Defaults' and change the 'Notify Me Upon Repllies' By Default to 'No'. :)
Martyn (aka Limey)

2006 Glastron MX175
Limey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby thetwoofus on Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:45 pm

Limey wrote:BTW - if you don't want to be notified automatically when there is a reply, go to the 'User Control Panel', select 'Board Preferences', then 'Edit Posting Defaults' and change the 'Notify Me Upon Repllies' By Default to 'No'. :)

Oh heck no, I wasn't complaining. I checked the "notify me upon replies" so I'll know when you all pop in on my messages. I was just saying that with all the kids in and out for the past two weeks that my PC time has been cut for a while because many other obligations. Being a :lol: poor ol hard working retiree ;) with 7 grand kids all at once my own time has been invaded. Not complaining about them either. :)
Some of you know how us retiree's wouldn't have time to go to work if we had a job. This retirement is just awful and I love every minute of it. I'm in my 8th year if enjoying my new found always busy life. Isn't it great!! :lol: I guess this is what keeps us up and running, being busy I mean. :)

Later
thetwoofus

Unread postby cwit on Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:55 pm

I retired 2 years ago and love every minute of it.
cwit

Unread postby Zinger on Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:34 pm

I am hoping to retire in 30 years :roll:
Have a good one
Greg Morin
2008 Zinger ZT 260 BH

Zinger
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby Limey on Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:13 pm

Zinger wrote:I am hoping to retire in 30 years :roll:

Sounds about right for me too - I'll be 88 and ready to start winding down.
Martyn (aka Limey)

2006 Glastron MX175
Limey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby jp rver on Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:12 am

Welcome!
2005 Forest River Surveyor SV291
1995 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 Reg. Cab 5.9L Magnum 360, timbrens, low miles (77,300) It's old, but it's paid for!!
jp rver
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Return to The Welcome Center