Skip to content

Change font size

Hi everybody

Our little pitstop where new members can pull over and introduce themselves to everyone! Tell us about your family, your rig, or your experiences - it's all good!

Hi everybody

Unread postby mikekay on Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:48 am

I love forums and belong to a number of them - never an RV forum before because I don't own an RV.....yet. This is my main purpose in joining, to ask questions, get input and ideas from long-term RV people and maybe some experts.

I have a plan. Its a bit weird, different and maybe strange. I am kinda being forced by life to make some changes, and one of those changes includes modifying an RV - extensively.

Please forgive me as I am at the early stages of this project. A little background. I am a professional sound tech/musician/computer tech. My main income is from doing sound gigs, and I own a lot of equipment, including both PA and recording gear. I have three locations at the moment for gear, a studio, a storage facility, and second smaller studio - you may be getting the idea already.....yes, I want to turn an RV into a remote recording rig/ video editing studio, along with using the RV to move gear, and have a portable office/computer repair space. Big dreams, but the idea is to consolidate my stuff into a smaller package, close the bigger studio, get a smaller storage location - I don't want to leave PA gear in the RV, just move it around - and I have two ideas that are ridiculous, but that's what they said about airplanes in the beginning as well. Consolidation - less vehicles, more convenience, less insurance, and a neat dream. Later I could travel, write and record while RVing....

I will be asking a lot of questions like - total load capabilities, boosting that spec, maximum height, going solar, alternative water use, wind drag, laws and regulations, most reliable RVs, diesel vs gas and more.

Thanks for reading and I hope this is a busy and frequented site.
mikekay

Re: Hi everybody

Unread postby RonJK on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:56 am

Why not make your life simple and buy a toy hauler. It comes totally ready to haul your gear and has a living space as well.
RonJK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Little Kopit on Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:45 pm

I have another idea.

There have been some books written on rvs. I haven't looked recently seeing as how I'm 74 and not planning on changing my present camper ever. But I did read some 7 -12 years ago.

So, go to your public library and check there. If they don't have what you want, there is interlibrary loan.

Also, there are online used bookstores. The network I use is part of the Amazon network http://www.abebooks.com You pay quite a bit less than original purchase price.

There are also books on rv power supply.....

8-)
& I, I took the road less travelled by

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

Little Kopit
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby Little Kopit on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:12 pm

Ran into this listing of a book on RV electrical systems on another forum

https://www.amazon.com/No-Shock-Zone-Electrical-Safety-Michael-Sokol/dp/0990527913/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1506115376&sr=8-1&keywords=no+shock+zone&linkCode=sl1&tag=rvtravel04-20&linkId=0506c80f70528b370bc4dc97613be447

Amazon listing so it has those who bought this also bought....... several.

Check them all to http://www.abebooks.com

:mrgreen:
& I, I took the road less travelled by

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

Little Kopit
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to The Welcome Center