Skip to content

Change font size

New guy from NJ

Our little pitstop where new members can pull over and introduce themselves to everyone! Tell us about your family, your rig, or your experiences - it's all good!

New guy from NJ

Unread postby LoudRam on Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:15 pm

I guess I ought to introduce myself. My name is Todd and I'm a message boardahaulic. I found this board mentioned in the RV forum everyone in here loves to hate, RV.net. And yes, I've had posts deleted in the "around the campfire" section. I'm not new to message boards. I belong to so many that I can't keep track of them. However I'm only active on a few which includes RV.net, Fire Side Friends (a local RV board geared toward the north east), two Dodge boards (Dodgetalk and Dodgetruckworld), one Christian board (Rapture Ready) and a home repair DIY board (Acme DIY) I'm a Mod on that board. I'm also addicted to Facebook. :geek:

I'm married and we have one son who will be turning 10 in April. He's blind and autistic. He's the reason we started camping. If you know anything about autism, the kids need a familiar environment. Having a TT solves that issue. No matter where we go he has the same surroundings. This is our third year camping and our second trailer. Our first trailer was a 2002 Prowler 829s. It was a well built trailer but we quickly realized that the layout wasn't working for us. So in comes the Salem. We bought that last year. It was new but it was a leftover so we got a good deal on it.

If you care to see them, pics of the truck and trailer are here. http://dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines.com ... p?id=15253
Use the drop down menu to go between the main gallery (my truck) and the unrelated gallery (my trailer)

This is a small board but i find that it's easier to make friends on a small board. ie... I use DT (Dodgetalk) for more technical information but use DTW for socializing because they have a NJ chapter. I think this board and RV.net will work the same way for me.

And BTW...I won't be asking if my S-10 can tow my 40' triple axle 5th wheel because it CAN. I've done it and if you don't like it stay off the road that I'm on. Now you can rat me out to the weight police. Did I mention that I have a very sarcastic sense of humor? :D
Todd
Desert Storm Vet (US Navy) (IC2/E-5 Military Police)
2008 Forest River Salem LE 29FLSS
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4X4 w/360 (not stock)

LoudRam

Re: New guy from NJ

Unread postby Limey on Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:43 pm

A hearty welcome to you Todd. Nice bunch of folks here :lol: We are still trying to bump up membership, so please spread the word. Most of us are Rv.Net refugees who got fed up with the crud over there!

Glad to have you aboard! :mrgreen:
Martyn (aka Limey)

2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 QC CTD 4x4 SLT; 2007 Coachmen Chaparral 267RLS;
Reese 15K Slider; Prodigy; JT Stabilizers; Rotochoks; 2 Honda EU2000i's
2006 Glastron MX175
Limey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby LoudRam on Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:55 pm

Thanks for the welcome Martyn. Yes, I've recognized a few rigs from over at the other site. Some threads are just too serious over there. Some people need to develop a sense of humor and lighten up.
Todd

LoudRam

Unread postby Little Kopit on Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:51 pm

Howdy from the EAST, The Maritimes, CAnada, that is. Formerly of Newfoundland.

I happen to like the places I frequent @ rv.net. Or should we say that I have a fair idea of what to keep out of and names not to use (stunned bunny, for one) and discriptors that often offend (garbage vs. stuff). Send me a link to an ATC thread and I'll look, but I usually have enough other places to go to not do ATC for time reasons. That's not to say I don't take stands on stuff or pm mods to say, I disagree with you or the logic of what you posted eludes me. What's my forte over there - why travel questions , especially to Atlantic Canada, natch.

I have a TC, truck camper, but don't post much in that section.

My truck, or have you guessed - Dodge Ram 2008. I got it because the payload was ok and the box height was passsable. I'm only 5'3" and shoveling 'stuff' or **** into the truck if the box is over your shoulders lacks something. The Toyota Tundra's of the year were too. What do I think of all that today. Somebody was looking after me. What can I brag about re. my truck. I moved in 2008. Last spring I thought my driveway needed more gravel. 1st load weight in @ 2300 lb. 2nd well over 3,000 lb. & it was I who told them when to quit - going by spring height and tire inflation. Less than 20 Km home, so just fine. But I couldn't feel it really, not at all. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I too am forumite. RVs, camp/Dutch Oven cooking, eagles re. eagle nests, camping on other continents - AU, EU, & some little ones that evolved out of those who left........

How far from home do you travel. & how can you say that camping gives you consistent type of atmosphere. I camp to see that which may be different.

:)
& I, I took the road less travelled by

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

Little Kopit
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby LoudRam on Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:08 pm

Little Kopit wrote:How far from home do you travel. & how can you say that camping gives you consistent type of atmosphere. I camp to see that which may be different.

:)

Thanks for the welcome.

We usually stay local. With my son, having the same bed to sleep in, the same trailer layout to walk around in and the same screen house with the same flooring to play on is what is important to him. Being blind he could care less what the view is. That's for us to enjoy. That's what I meant when I said it's the same for him no matter where we go but different for us. Everyone is happy.
Todd

LoudRam

Unread postby pwall on Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:56 pm

Welcome! Glad to have you on-board.
Patrick.
pwall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby LoudRam on Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:24 pm

Thanks Pat
Todd

LoudRam

Unread postby pwall on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:05 am

I copied your sign photo and placed it in the rotating picture at the top of the site.
You'll see it there from time to time.
Trust that was ok.
Patrick.
pwall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby LoudRam on Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:33 pm

Yeah, that's fine. You can use whatever pics I post in here, either from my profile, sig, or the ones from the pic sharing section that I posted. If I don't want them to be seen I don't post them in a public forum.
Todd

LoudRam

Unread postby pwall on Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:47 pm

Cool.
I posted your other pics today as well. ;)
Patrick.
pwall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby LoudRam on Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:36 pm

Thanks
Todd

LoudRam

Return to The Welcome Center