Skip to content

Change font size

Another Newbie

Our little pitstop where new members can pull over and introduce themselves to everyone! Tell us about your family, your rig, or your experiences - it's all good!

Another Newbie

Unread postby Terry_BR on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:09 pm

Hello from the Kawartha's (2hrs north/East of Toronto. I am not seeing much recent activity, but maybe it's the time of year. We are planning on trailering down to Florida (Tampa?) in February for a month or so. Any suggestions on route, where to stop, what to avoid?? First timers... Thanks
Terry_BR

Re: Another Newbie

Unread postby RonJK on Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:13 am

Terry

Welcome to the forum.

We are on the west coast and we usually travel down to southern California.

We have toured the keys one year but have not too much experience with the east coast of the US.

When we travel we prefer the secondary roads instead of the Interstates. More relaxing and more to see.

If you are looking for places to stay check out Join Us For A Trip Down The RV Highway

Here we have favorite RV parks recommended by RV'ers that like the parks.

Enjoy and may all your travels be safe.
RonJK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Little Kopit on Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:47 pm

Welcome Aboard.

I may be an east coaster these days (though I worked from Sudbury to Hornepayne in the 70s. & a cross continent trip in 2015.

I did a degree in Washington, DC, but that was the 60s

Since my father died, then in Mass., I've not been that far south. & given the current situation in The States, I am not going.

& I don't recall seeing questions about eastern seaboard travel. Maine around Lubec, or NB offshore islands of Campobello, Grand Manan, etc. are some of my fav. places.

Do you have specific areas you'd like to visit? What about contacting various municipalities? Likely they have websites.

8-)
& I, I took the road less travelled by

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

Little Kopit
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby roverd02 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:36 am

Howdy Terry! How's your planning so far? Contacting the municipalities is a good idea.
roverd02

Return to The Welcome Center