Skip to content

Change font size

1976 Winnebago Classic

For the do-it-yourselfer's amongst us, discuss your project RV or DIY modifications here.

1976 Winnebago Classic

Unread postby Annio on Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:48 pm

Greetings from Spencerville ON... I just acquired a 1976 Winnebago "Custom". How old is too old to take on renov. for an RV.? I'm indeed handy, but mechanic work is not my talent. Only 55000 miles on engine, but rig not used in several years. Needs roof patch and clean up. Otherwise seems to be looking ok. Any advice ? Thanks. Annio.
Last edited by Annio on Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Annio

Re: 1976 Winnebago Classic

Unread postby RonJK on Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:55 am

You have a classic. There is no such thing as too old. If you think the unit is in good enough shape to spend a few dollars on then go for it.
If you buy new you can spend a lot more.
Depends on the type of trips you want to take with it. 55000 miles is nothing so mechanically you should be okay as long as seals have not dried out and cracked.

Enjoy
RonJK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 1976 Winnebago Classic

Unread postby Annio on Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:26 am

RonJK wrote:You have a classic. There is no such thing as too old. If you think the unit is in good enough shape to spend a few dollars on then go for it.
If you buy new you can spend a lot more.
Depends on the type of trips you want to take with it. 55000 miles is nothing so mechanically you should be okay as long as seals have not dried out and cracked.

Enjoy

Thanks for that!
Annio

Return to DIY Projects & Mods