Skip to content

Change font size

Park Royal RV Resort

Got a favorite campground, have a question about one, or had a problem? Discuss here.

Re: Park Royal RV Resort

Unread postby RonJK on Thu May 29, 2014 3:17 pm

Another weekend and another park
Swan Lake Recreational Resort, Vernon, BC
This park is lots owned by RV'ers that put them in a rental pool.
It is a five star park with large sites, a pool, hot tub and close to O'Keefe Ranch which is a historical site in the north Okanagan.
Only minutes to Vernon and all the amenities there.
RonJK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby frank on Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:27 am

Well looks like somebody is moving around quite a bitit's good to see looks like very nice parks put them in my favorites thanks
frank

Unread postby RonJK on Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:42 am

I don’t usually give parks a bad review, but there is times when I think maybe the RV’ing public need a bit of a warning about some parks.
I don’t know if it is because we are getting short on RV sites and the competition for parks is not there, but the way some management treat the RV’er is totally unacceptable to me.
So here is our story about a experience with Park Royal RV Park located at 251 Wylie Street, Penticton, BC
We had made a reservation at the beginning of March for a site at the end of June for the Elvis Festival that they hold in Penticton. The park put a $50.00 deposit on our Visa for the reservation. So we figured we are good to go and buy tickets to the festival.
Now just yesterday the park calls and says, sorry we have no site for you as the owner of the park as given away the site you were going to have to someone else that will be staying for two weeks.
Will we be able to get another site for the festival. I don’t know, but Penticton is a very busy tourist destination and that is the start of there busy summer season.
If this is the way this park chooses to deal with the RV’ing public then I must WARN all RV’ers that are coming into the Penticton area whether to enjoy the lakes and scenery, the wine tours or if you are just doing a stop over on your way to Alaska. Avoid Park Royal RV Park at all costs. Even if you have a reservation there is no guarantee they will keep it for you.
Share this with all your RV’ing friends so they to are aware of this park.
RonJK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Campground Rants & Raves