Skip to content

Change font size

Plans for the season?

Generalized RV discussion not covered in another forum - the "Catch All" for RV talk!

Moderator: Zinger

Forum rules
Although RV-forums.org is an easy-going place, we do have a few easy to follow rules. Please read up on them here.

Plans for the season?

Unread postby Zinger on Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:19 pm

Anyone have any special travel plans or the same old stuff.
Have a good one
Greg Morin
2008 Zinger ZT 260 BH

Zinger
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Plans for the season?

Unread postby Little Kopit on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:01 pm

Well, I'm in a new province of residence. I can do one heck of a lot of touring just by taking side trips while out for this or that, ie take another way home from hair cut trip to the lumber place.........

8-)
& I, I took the road less travelled by

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

Little Kopit
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby jemek on Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:18 am

We have the family reunion in Pinetop, AZ this summer.
Now...what are we going to do...well it was originally going to be via Las Vegas then Grand Canyon...
Then we found out the extended family thought to do Vegas after. So now we are looking at spending some time in Bryce/Zion that area. I still working on all the details...and plans.
jemek

Unread postby pwall on Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:56 am

Was planning on heading back home this summer to Newfoundland, but with the job situation, that's put on hold.
We'll see if the wife gets sick of me hanging around the house this summer and tells me to go anyways. :lol:
Patrick.
pwall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby graywolf67 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:20 pm

Lord willing we will go on some close to home trips and have one trip to the mountains so we can have our mountain fix :mrgreen:
2008 Ford F250 6.4PSD Zinger ZT26RL
graywolf67
Established Member
Established Member

Unread postby Big Rig Guy on Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:33 pm

Just the same ole stuff. More boating this year.
There's a method to the madness, disturb the method and the madness begins.
Big Rig Guy
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread postby mikhen on Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:25 pm

A few weekend trips and a 2 week trip in August to the inlaws in Kansas and on to Colorado.
2005 Forest River Sunseeker 3100 qbs

The MOST free camping giveaways in Pa....
http://www.campingpa.com

Our Camping in Pa Webpage
http://www.campinginpa.weebly.com
mikhen

Unread postby Limey on Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:14 am

mikhen wrote:A few weekend trips and a 2 week trip in August to the inlaws in Kansas and on to Colorado.

Give me a shout when you're in Colorado. I'll spring for a few beers! :)
Martyn (aka Limey)

2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 QC CTD 4x4 SLT; 2007 Coachmen Chaparral 267RLS;
Reese 15K Slider; Prodigy; JT Stabilizers; Rotochoks; 2 Honda EU2000i's
2006 Glastron MX175
Limey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby mikhen on Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:23 pm

Limey wrote:
mikhen wrote:A few weekend trips and a 2 week trip in August to the inlaws in Kansas and on to Colorado.

Give me a shout when you're in Colorado. I'll spring for a few beers! :)

Looks like it will be in August. No idea where we are going. Probably the gorge and seven falls, if I got the names right. Maybe you can answer this one. We heard you have to buy a ticket for everything now, you can't just pick and choose anymore. Is this true?
2005 Forest River Sunseeker 3100 qbs

The MOST free camping giveaways in Pa....
http://www.campingpa.com

Our Camping in Pa Webpage
http://www.campinginpa.weebly.com
mikhen

Unread postby Limey on Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:36 am

They are charging for a lot of stuff now. However they have always charged at Royal Gorge, Pikes Peak etc. I am not aware of them charging at 7 Falls. I take it you mean the one by Colorado Springs. You can still drive to the top of Mt Evans fo free, as far as I know and I prefer that drive and view to Pikes Peak.. Here is a good website for it: Mount Evans Road. Let me know what you think may be charging and I'll check it out!
Martyn (aka Limey)

2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 QC CTD 4x4 SLT; 2007 Coachmen Chaparral 267RLS;
Reese 15K Slider; Prodigy; JT Stabilizers; Rotochoks; 2 Honda EU2000i's
2006 Glastron MX175
Limey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby catmom on Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:01 am

Our plans for the season include at least one long trip - this time to the Southeast. Two weeks in midsummer for our niece's wedding, adding some sightseeing stops on the way home from that. Hoping for another long trip or a couple shorter ones later in the season too.
2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 CrewMax 5.7L w/ tow pkg
2008 Flagstaff 831RLSS
catmom

Unread postby mountainman on Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:13 am

We will be traveling to Northern Wisconsin (Lake Tomahawk) via Iowa and Illinois. My spouse's hometown is Fulton,Illinois and we haven't been there in years so will visit that community on our way. Will come back on a more northerly route and visit some sites along the way. We hold to the back roads so will do a bit of planning to accommodate that effort.
Otherwise we will be camping in Colorado the remainder of the summer and will travel during the fall to places unknown as yet.
Wishing you all a great summer!
Life is a Journey and only you hold the map!
mountainman
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread postby Mike and Rose on Fri May 01, 2009 8:33 pm

In March we did 3 shake down trips around Cape Cod. Everything worked great. In April we took off for CT- Aces High Campground, The Poconos -WT Family Campground, Gettysburg, PA- Gettysburg Campground and West Point, NY- Black Bear Campground. Now we are doing weekend trips to Cape Cod, Vermont and NH. Places we have already booked--Mother's Day weekend-Scusset Beach, Cape Cod to fish and ride our bikes along the canal. Memorial Day Weekend-East Falmouth Cape Cod Resort for 3 days. June 5,6,7,8 Brewster Cape Cod- Saltwater Campground. Also a trip to the Daytona 400 on the 4 of July with my grown sons and their friends. Six days with 5 guys sharing the driving, so we will go straight down and back. In July & August the state of Maine,- Camden Hills, Eastport, Moosehead Lake and Naples. In August we take my 93 year old dad to Saratoga Raceway in upstste NY to visit the horse track ( he used to go every summer when he was younger). Fishing trip planned in September to up state NY near Lake Placid. We just purchased our RV in February, so want to use it as much as possible while we have our 2 year warrenty. Our 2 Dachshunds, Hansel & Getal, love to travel and have adapted to vacationing in the RV. Once my DW retires in 3 years, then we will start to take longer trips. Alaska will be our first long distance destination. We rented an Rv in the past, now I guess we really have the RV bug!
Rig= Jayco Greyhawk 31SS New Ford 450 Cab.
Mike and Rose

Unread postby Mike in Calgary on Sat May 02, 2009 1:57 am

We're just gonna head down to south eastern British Columbia this year. We went to Utah and Colorado last year, and while it was a great trip, it was a whole heck of a lot of driving in 2 weeks. Since I only have 2 weeks of vacation left for this year we'll stay closer to home and likely go to Fairmont Hot Springs, Kikimum Creek, Moyie Lake and the general area around Cranbrook. If the Canuck buck comes up a little higher against the green back, we might slide on down to Spokane, WA or Coeur d'elene (sic?), ID for a few days, but I doubt that we'll be further than 6 hours from home.
We'll still head out on all of the long weekends and most other weekends as our camping season is rather short so we like to make the most of it.
There is no such thing as a bad day camping.
Mike in Calgary
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread postby CHEROKEE GYPSY on Wed May 20, 2009 10:04 am

We will be at Priest Gulch campground ,Oct.5th too Oct 11.Then we are going to Chama NM. for two nights on the way home.Priest Gulch is in western Colorado on the Dolores river.
CHEROKEE GYPSY

Unread postby fla-gypsy on Wed May 20, 2009 10:13 am

The Florida Keys June 15. I get there about every 3 or 4 years. Annual trek to the Panhandle (St Andrews SP) in PCB and my annual trip to Salt Spgs for some cool water action
2006 Keystone Hornet 29RLS
09 F-250 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L
http://community.webshots.com/user/flagypsy57
St Andrews State Park cult member
fla-gypsy

Unread postby Zinger on Thu May 21, 2009 5:26 pm

I assume that its pretty quiet in the keys in summer due to the heat and storms.
Have a good one
Greg Morin
2008 Zinger ZT 260 BH

Zinger
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby Ozimo on Thu May 21, 2009 7:52 pm

Zinger wrote:Anyone have any special travel plans or the same old stuff.

Well, since I'm back in Wyoming (I just can't get out of this place) for the Summer, we set up a couple of small tipis for the grandchildren, a big one for the adults and my Great Uncle's Airstream. First thing I did was buy a beater Wrangler 4.0L to drive locally - it's a real rez ride! There's no buildings on the farm, and if there were we would have torn them down. The crops are all planted - barley, sugar beets, pinto beans and our naturally occuring alfalfa, so now is the time to play. This weekend, we're off to Yellowstone's backcountry, which is only 20 miles from the farm - as the crow flies. Other trips involve Mtlogger in his backyard - Mission, Swan Ranges and Glacier Park.
Capt. Abraham Quasuittuq
FV Ozimo III- Amsterdam
MV Aleutian Princess - Galapagos
Ozimo

Unread postby fla-gypsy on Thu May 21, 2009 8:18 pm

Zinger wrote:I assume that its pretty quiet in the keys in summer due to the heat and storms.

The best time to go. The tourists went home, life returns to that laid back pace that we love down here in the south. The heat is nothing new, heck we didn't even have A/C when we were growing up.That is what God made water for and we have plenty of it.
2006 Keystone Hornet 29RLS
09 F-250 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L
http://community.webshots.com/user/flagypsy57
St Andrews State Park cult member
fla-gypsy

Unread postby jp rver on Sat May 23, 2009 10:04 am

Mostly the same old stuff for us, just hopefully more of it if gas prices stay lower than last year!

We are planning a first time trip over to Carlyle Lake in Illinois in July. I hear the catfishing in that lake is amazing!
2005 Forest River Surveyor SV291
1995 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 Reg. Cab 5.9L Magnum 360, timbrens, low miles (77,300) It's old, but it's paid for!!
jp rver
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Return to General RV Discussion