Skip to content

Change font size

1st trip this weekend!!

Generalized RV discussion not covered in another forum - the "Catch All" for RV talk!

Moderator: Zinger

Forum rules
Although RV-forums.org is an easy-going place, we do have a few easy to follow rules. Please read up on them here.

1st trip this weekend!!

Unread postby jp rver on Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:41 pm

I can't believe it's time already! I must confess it seems like this winter has flown by so far. We have only had 1 snow/sleet storm so far, but quite a bit of cold weather. I spent the evening checking things out, checked the lugs, checked tire pressures, checked the truck fluids and tire pressures, checked the furnace, etc. It's only 100 miles away, but I like to check everything out thoroughly after winter storage. I didn't de winterize the water system though. There may still be some temps in March that could freeze things up, and I'm too cheap to run the furnace or a space heater just to keep the lines thawed, and too lazy to winterize it again after we use it. We' ll just carry what we need in 5 gallon jugs and use some bottled water. It's just for the weekend anyway.

The only thing that might spoil this trip is the weather. It has been nice and in the 70s yesterday and today, but tonight a cold front is coming thru and temps will be in the 30s this weekend with a chance of accumulating snow on Saturday!! Lows in the teens and highs in the 30s. The furnace will get a good bit of use, especially in my lightweight (ie. not 4 season) TT. Oh well, it still beats stayin' home!!!
2005 Forest River Surveyor SV291
1995 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 Reg. Cab 5.9L Magnum 360, timbrens, low miles (77,300) It's old, but it's paid for!!
jp rver
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Re: 1st trip this weekend!!

Unread postby pwall on Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:45 am

Have a great time! I envy you....I couldn't get my trailer out if I tried (too much snow).
Patrick.
pwall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Mike and Rose on Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:29 pm

Our first trip in our new MH will be in April, but we took a short day trip to Cape Cod to camp on the canal to get our dogs used to camping. The dogs adjusted great. They loved their new dog beds and blankets. Walking the campground and the canal really tired them out, (Dachshunds), their little legs kept up the pace! They slept most of the trip. Now when we take off for Pa, Ct and NY in April, they will be all set and excited to go. Today we are back home, just in time because it is snowing AGAIN !! and we may get 12" !
Rig= Jayco Greyhawk 31SS New Ford 450 Cab.
Mike and Rose

Unread postby jp rver on Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:12 pm

Well we had a pretty good time, but that pesky chance of accumulating snow turned into 10" of the white stuff by the time it was finished Saturday evening! That combined with temps in the teens kept us pretty well confined to the trailer for most of the weekend. Caught a few fish Sunday, but the windchill kept fishin' time short. I did get out though and took some pretty pictures. I will try and post a few of them later.

And when we got home, no snow to be seen anywhere. 100 miles east of Montauk, no snow! :lol:
1995 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 Reg. Cab 5.9L Magnum 360, timbrens, low miles (77,300) It's old, but it's paid for!!
jp rver
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread postby jp rver on Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:23 pm

Here is a pic of our campsite on Saturday afternoon 2-28-09 on our first trip this season. I guess winter in Missouri isn't quite over after all!! :lol:

jp rver
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread postby skipnchar on Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:01 pm

LOL makes my backside cold just THINKING about sitting at that picnic table. We got home from Texas during that warm spell you mention and found ourselves wondering why we spend winters in Texas then when the weather changed we remembered why. Hope you had a good time / Skip
2007 Rockwood 8314SS Travel Trailer
F-150 HD OR F-250 PSD SCREW (whichever I feel like driving)

skipnchar
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby mikhen on Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:26 pm

Wife works this weekend otherwise we'd be doing our shakedown cruise. I'll be adding more to the C instead this weekend.
2005 Forest River Sunseeker 3100 qbs

The MOST free camping giveaways in Pa....
http://www.campingpa.com

Our Camping in Pa Webpage
http://www.campinginpa.weebly.com
mikhen

Unread postby LA_Bolt_Fan on Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:15 am

jp rver wrote:Here is a pic of our campsite on Saturday afternoon 2-28-09 on our first trip this season. I guess winter in Missouri isn't quite over after all!! :lol:

BRRRRRRRRRRRR, And I thought it was cold on the beach in Ventura (68)!!
LA_Bolt_Fan

Unread postby pwall on Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:53 pm

Guess you didn't need your a/c this trip ? ;)
Patrick.
pwall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby jp rver on Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:47 am

pwall wrote:Guess you didn't need your a/c this trip ? ;)

Hah, no, but the furnace got a good workout!
jp rver
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread postby leadm55 on Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:37 pm

We are planning out first trip the 17th of this month. Going to Fall River. I wonder what will go wrong this time. Last time we were at Fall River it cost us a roof and a awning. Never seen so much rain in all my life. The whole weekend. We are excited and looking forward to it. Winter months are so boring.
Les & Diane
Conway Springs, Ks
2009 Dodge 3500 6.7 diesel 1 ton SRW 4x4
1999 Spinnaker 32' 2 slide
leadm55

Unread postby Little Kopit on Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:05 pm

Each season and place is what you make of it.

Around where I live now, one has to prove oneself. But there are those who just love the fact that I chose their place to move to.

I met one matriarch @ the doctor's office today. Now, these are the folks to clue you in on what is fun in an area.

8-)
& I, I took the road less travelled by

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

Little Kopit
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to General RV Discussion