Skip to content

Change font size

Hey Limey, is this your rig?

Generalized RV discussion not covered in another forum - the "Catch All" for RV talk!

Moderator: Zinger

Forum rules
Although RV-forums.org is an easy-going place, we do have a few easy to follow rules. Please read up on them here.

Hey Limey, is this your rig?

Unread postby jp rver on Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:44 am

Limey, or anyone else who may know.

I ran across this article on http://www.pickuptruck.com about double towing, and thought the combo pictured looked like Limey's. What do you all think? If it's yours Limey, did you give them permission to use the pick? Just curious!

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/02/state-laws-can-pull-you-in-many-directions-if-you-double-tow.html

ON EDIT, after looking at his signature pic, it obviously is his. A little info on double towing in the article. Just thought I would share!

ON EDIT 2-9-09, they have now replaced Limey's picture with a different picture. So the pic now is NOT Limey's rig. If you wish to view the picture they had used originally, just look at Limey's signature pic!
Last edited by jp rver on Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2005 Forest River Surveyor SV291
1995 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 Reg. Cab 5.9L Magnum 360, timbrens, low miles (77,300) It's old, but it's paid for!!
Image
User avatar
jp rver
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:21 am
Location: SE Missouri

Re: Hey Limey, is this your rig?

Unread postby pwall on Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:32 am

I've often seen that around here, especially in Quebec.
I've seen this combination as well in Ontario, although checking the laws for Ontario, it's not legal.
For those of us up North, here is a link to the towing rules for each province:
http://www.rvcanada.com/rvtips.asp
Patrick.
Image
User avatar
pwall
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 701
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:50 pm
Location: Ontario

Re: Hey Limey, is this your rig?

Unread postby Limey on Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:26 pm

Yes it is! Well whaddya know! I'm famous. And, no I didn't give them permission. Not that I really care :)
Martyn (aka Limey)

2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 QC CTD 4x4 SLT; 2007 Coachmen Chaparral 267RLS;
Reese 15K Slider; Prodigy; JT Stabilizers; Rotochoks; 2 Honda EU2000i's
2006 Glastron MX175
User avatar
Limey
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:34 pm
Location: Bennett, Colorado U.S.A.

Re: Hey Limey, is this your rig?

Unread postby PrivatePilot on Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:33 pm

pwall wrote:although checking the laws for Ontario, it's not legal.


Actually, it is, but only so long as the lead trailer is a fifth wheel/gooseneck (double-ball combinations are illegal under any circumstances) and the driver must hold a valid commercial class A license, which I carry. :)

In that situation, it's considered no differently then commercial a B-Train combination so far as the law goes here in Ontario and is indeed legal.
User avatar
PrivatePilot
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 717
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:34 pm
Location: Courtice, Ontario, Canada

Re: Hey Limey, is this your rig?

Unread postby PrivatePilot on Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:39 pm

And JP'er, I'd personally email them and give them a shot across the bow on using a photo on their website without your permission. A blog or something I could see it as excusable, but a major website like that should no better then to use someones image without credit or permission.

Perhaps get them to credit you and link here. :D
User avatar
PrivatePilot
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 717
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:34 pm
Location: Courtice, Ontario, Canada

Re: Hey Limey, is this your rig?

Unread postby jp rver on Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:52 pm

PrivatePilot wrote:And JP'er, I'd personally email them and give them a shot across the bow on using a photo on their website without your permission. A blog or something I could see it as excusable, but a major website like that should no better then to use someones image without credit or permission.

Perhaps get them to credit you and link here. :D


That is Limey's call. It's his rig. When I saw the pic, I knew exactly who's combo it was. I was indeed surprised they would use that pic without permission.

Again, it's Limey's decision if he wants to confront them or not. The site is http://www.pickuptruck.com .
2005 Forest River Surveyor SV291
1995 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 Reg. Cab 5.9L Magnum 360, timbrens, low miles (77,300) It's old, but it's paid for!!
Image
User avatar
jp rver
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:21 am
Location: SE Missouri

Re: Hey Limey, is this your rig?

Unread postby Limey on Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:40 pm

On reflection I thought it was a bit of a cheek, not checking to see if the owner of the picture was OK with it. Not only is it my rig, but I took the photo. Anyway - I posted a comment in the blog saying that it would have been nice if they had asked my permission. The only place they could have got the picture is from RV.NET or here, and I'm not that hard to identify and get a hold of.
Martyn (aka Limey)

2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 QC CTD 4x4 SLT; 2007 Coachmen Chaparral 267RLS;
Reese 15K Slider; Prodigy; JT Stabilizers; Rotochoks; 2 Honda EU2000i's
2006 Glastron MX175
User avatar
Limey
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:34 pm
Location: Bennett, Colorado U.S.A.

Re: Hey Limey, is this your rig?

Unread postby jp rver on Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:14 pm

Limey wrote:On reflection I thought it was a bit of a cheek, not checking to see if the owner of the picture was OK with it. Not only is it my rig, but I took the photo. Anyway - I posted a comment in the blog saying that it would have been nice if they had asked my permission. The only place they could have got the picture is from RV.NET or here, and I'm not that hard to identify and get a hold of.


Well, it seems they have now replaced your picture with a different one.
2005 Forest River Surveyor SV291
1995 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 Reg. Cab 5.9L Magnum 360, timbrens, low miles (77,300) It's old, but it's paid for!!
Image
User avatar
jp rver
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:21 am
Location: SE Missouri

Re: Hey Limey, is this your rig?

Unread postby Limey on Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:51 pm

jp rver wrote:
Limey wrote:On reflection I thought it was a bit of a cheek, not checking to see if the owner of the picture was OK with it. Not only is it my rig, but I took the photo. Anyway - I posted a comment in the blog saying that it would have been nice if they had asked my permission. The only place they could have got the picture is from RV.NET or here, and I'm not that hard to identify and get a hold of.


Well, it seems they have now replaced your picture with a different one.


Really? He just e-mailed and apologized. Said he found it by doing a Google image search. I told him I had no problem with him using it, as his search result probably didn't have any of my info, so he couldn't ask me. Oh well :)
Martyn (aka Limey)

2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 QC CTD 4x4 SLT; 2007 Coachmen Chaparral 267RLS;
Reese 15K Slider; Prodigy; JT Stabilizers; Rotochoks; 2 Honda EU2000i's
2006 Glastron MX175
User avatar
Limey
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:34 pm
Location: Bennett, Colorado U.S.A.

Re: Hey Limey, is this your rig?

Unread postby jp rver on Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:12 am

Limey wrote:
jp rver wrote:
Limey wrote:On reflection I thought it was a bit of a cheek, not checking to see if the owner of the picture was OK with it. Not only is it my rig, but I took the photo. Anyway - I posted a comment in the blog saying that it would have been nice if they had asked my permission. The only place they could have got the picture is from RV.NET or here, and I'm not that hard to identify and get a hold of.


Well, it seems they have now replaced your picture with a different one.


Really? He just e-mailed and apologized. Said he found it by doing a Google image search. I told him I had no problem with him using it, as his search result probably didn't have any of my info, so he couldn't ask me. Oh well :)


That was decent of him.
2005 Forest River Surveyor SV291
1995 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 Reg. Cab 5.9L Magnum 360, timbrens, low miles (77,300) It's old, but it's paid for!!
Image
User avatar
jp rver
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:21 am
Location: SE Missouri

Re: Hey Limey, is this your rig?

Unread postby Little Kopit on Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:15 am

A lot of folks don't realize that most google image search results really are copyrighted. Don't try putting any in a print booklet.

But check, and you will see.

8-)
& I, I took the road less travelled by

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006



Image
User avatar
Little Kopit
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
 
Posts: 673
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:09 pm
Location: The Maritimes.ca

Re: Hey Limey, is this your rig?

Unread postby mtlogger44 on Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:30 pm

That's odd that Wash, Ore don't allow it - yet we commercial drivers pull triples thru their states.
Matt J: '93 Mack 30 yd Belly Dumper (685 k/mi)
GT rig: '03 Uni 1750L (89k/km) Michellin 335/80R20's
Alfred: '99 Dodge V10 (124k/mi) w/26ft Jamco;
Bert: '08 Dakota 4.7 (27,875 mi) w/19ft Airstream, Space 10 tent,
mtlogger44
Member
Member
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:21 pm

Re: Hey Limey, is this your rig?

Unread postby Ozimo on Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:07 pm

I pulled doubles thru most of the states marked as not. :roll:
Capt. Abraham Quasuittuq
FV Ozimo III- Amsterdam
MV Aleutian Princess - Galapagos
Ozimo
Member
Member
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:13 am
Location: presently 28.6°S, 16.5°E


Return to General RV Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Up Login   Register Up