Skip to content

Change font size

National Private campground Memberships?

Generalized RV discussion not covered in another forum - the "Catch All" for RV talk!

Moderator: Zinger

Forum rules
Although RV-forums.org is an easy-going place, we do have a few easy to follow rules. Please read up on them here.

National Private campground Memberships?

Unread postby JQSpree on Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:32 pm

Hi everyone. Been out to lunch for a while. Busy planning Walt Disney World Trip and m-i-l 90th birthday party so no time to read boards.

I am looking for specific info on the big national USA campground memberships like Thousand Trails, Coast to Coast and several others. I have info on the 50% off clubs such as Camp USA, Passport America, and Happy Camper, but know nothing about the others except they make me have the time share condo shudders!!!

Anyone have any info on annual dues, whether you can quit or sell membership and any other expenses? How good are the rv parks? Major limitations like holidays or weekend restrictions.

Appreciate all the help. Going to a free weekend at a small resort that I think is selling national memberships to all of the big clubs and I would like some details so I know when to run. When my 90 minutes are up, I am out of there!!! And don't intend to buy until the stock market gets back to 14,000!!!
John and Darlene
2007 Chev Silverado 1500,5.3,w/3.73
2008 KZ Spree 260FL
JQSpree
Established Member
Established Member

Re: National Private campground Memberships?

Unread postby skipnchar on Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:59 pm

I've never owned one so I can't tell you MUCH about them. All I can say is that you find quite a few of them for sale on Ebay for cents on the dollar. Might take a look first.
2007 Rockwood 8314SS Travel Trailer
F-150 HD OR F-250 PSD SCREW (whichever I feel like driving)

skipnchar
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: National Private campground Memberships?

Unread postby fla-gypsy on Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:54 pm

Depends on the type of camping you plan to do. It doesn't work for me most of the time. I do have the Good Sam card which can save you 10% some places including some county parks which is why I have it. I know some folks who use Passport America successfully
2006 Keystone Hornet 29RLS
09 F-250 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L
http://community.webshots.com/user/flagypsy57
St Andrews State Park cult member
fla-gypsy

Return to General RV Discussion