Skip to content

Change font size

Hay Zinger

Generalized RV discussion not covered in another forum - the "Catch All" for RV talk!

Moderator: Zinger

Forum rules
Although RV-forums.org is an easy-going place, we do have a few easy to follow rules. Please read up on them here.

Hay Zinger

Unread postby skipnchar on Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:01 pm

Do you hear that echo in here tonight? :mrgreen:
2007 Rockwood 8314SS Travel Trailer
F-150 HD OR F-250 PSD SCREW (whichever I feel like driving)

skipnchar
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Hay Zinger

Unread postby graywolf67 on Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:28 pm

:mrgreen: Huh what echo, the only I have been hearing is the Echo chainsaws as they chop up IKE debris :mrgreen:
2008 Ford F250 6.4PSD Zinger ZT26RL
graywolf67
Established Member
Established Member

Unread postby skipnchar on Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:51 pm

So how's that going down there? I suppose firewood is easily available in your area. It's kind of strange how a really big story like that just kind of drops out of the news once it' cools down and leaves the rest of the country wondering what's happening. Guess they have to move on to the next SCOOP to keep up with the other stations. Wishing you all well / Skip

skipnchar
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby Zinger on Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:14 am

the forum has been rather empty the past week must be everyone is cleaning and winterizing!! I am putting that off!
Have a good one
Greg Morin
2008 Zinger ZT 260 BH

Zinger
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby graywolf67 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:14 am

Thanks for the wellwishes Skip, its true how quickly a event like this fades away, the national media stopped talking about the storm just a few days after it hit, I guess there were not enough dead bodies for them. The only really big things that have happened are that power has been restored to all the customers that can recieve power and that alot of the debris has been picked up in Houston proper, Chambers county is still struggling as they were hit bad by the surge and the wind. Galveston and the smaller coastal communities are just cleaning up and waiting to see how they can rebuild. I hope everyone here leanrt that you cannot trust the federal government to help you with anything and they have gotten better since Katrina, I can only imagine how bad they were then. The bummer for us camping wise is that Galveston state park recieved catastropic damage and we were planning to camp there this last weekend and Lake Livingston state park also remains closed at this time which is another park where we often camp. Anyway we just thank God that we all survived and that the local economy in Houston remains strong. :mrgreen:
graywolf67
Established Member
Established Member

Unread postby catmom on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:39 pm

We were visiting with my parents (who live in Houston) this past weekend and they seemed to feel that life is pretty much back to normal. They did say they don't think that the little village of Piney Point, within Houston, has had power restored yet (they live next to it). They haven't been down to the coastal communities so haven't seen any of the damage firsthand. Damage at their apt complex has been mostly repaired now (it was fortunately minimal).

Not a peep about it on the news lately - the media love to report doom & gloom, the fresher the better, so of course they've been focusing on the economic crisis. Likely that is growing old too, and they will soon be off to something else new. :roll:

Glad you're ok, Zinger, despite the loss of your parks. Hope at least Lake Livingston is back on line before too long. I suspect Galveston SP is down for the count.

The irony is that the Hill Country is still in a drought. The grass there is downright crunchy. This was our first visit there, so I don't know if that's normal or not.
2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 CrewMax 5.7L w/ tow pkg
2008 Flagstaff 831RLSS
catmom

Unread postby Zinger on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:49 pm

catmom wrote:We were visiting with my parents (who live in Houston) this past weekend and they seemed to feel that life is pretty much back to normal. They did say they don't think that the little village of Piney Point, within Houston, has had power restored yet (they live next to it). They haven't been down to the coastal communities so haven't seen any of the damage firsthand. Damage at their apt complex has been mostly repaired now (it was fortunately minimal).

Not a peep about it on the news lately - the media love to report doom & gloom, the fresher the better, so of course they've been focusing on the economic crisis. Likely that is growing old too, and they will soon be off to something else new. :roll:

Glad you're ok, Zinger, despite the loss of your parks. Hope at least Lake Livingston is back on line before too long. I suspect Galveston SP is down for the count.

The irony is that the Hill Country is still in a drought. The grass there is downright crunchy. This was our first visit there, so I don't know if that's normal or not.

I am in NY the only thing I hve lost is my mind
Have a good one
Greg Morin
2008 Zinger ZT 260 BH

Zinger
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby fla-gypsy on Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:25 pm

Good to see you in good spirits too. We have had our share of Tropical weather the last few years, I kind of know how you feel.
2006 Keystone Hornet 29RLS
09 F-250 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L
http://community.webshots.com/user/flagypsy57
St Andrews State Park cult member
fla-gypsy

Unread postby graywolf67 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:34 pm

What is crazy, is that the weather down here is wonderful and we will not be able to hook up the camper until mid Nov which means we will not have camped in 2 months :cry: All I can do is go out to the storage site and sit in the camper and pretend :D I think I will bring it home and do driveway camping, darn you IKE :mrgreen:
graywolf67
Established Member
Established Member

Unread postby skipnchar on Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:41 am

What can you tell me about the status of campgrounds up on Sam Rayburn? It's one of our favorite places to spend a week or so on the way south for the winter.

skipnchar
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby cwit on Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:24 am

There is nothing wroung with driveway camping we have done it more than once. We like it in the fall . :D
cwit

Return to General RV Discussion