Skip to content

Change font size

ATTENTION MISSOURI CAMPERS!!!!

Generalized RV discussion not covered in another forum - the "Catch All" for RV talk!

Moderator: Zinger

Forum rules
Although RV-forums.org is an easy-going place, we do have a few easy to follow rules. Please read up on them here.

ATTENTION MISSOURI CAMPERS!!!!

Unread postby jp rver on Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:31 pm

Well, the dreaded Emerald Ash Borer has made it into our state. As a result, Wayne County is now under a Federal Quarantine. If you bring firewood into Wayne County, you must not leave with it. It must be burned completely. Here is a snippet from the Missouri DNR website....

"On Aug. 8, 2008, the U.S. Department of Agriculture issued a federal quarantine for Wayne County. This quarantine restricted the movement of ash wood, ash products and hardwood firewood for Wayne County. A state quarantine for Wayne County was issued on Aug. 28, 2008. "

The Emerald Ash Borer insect was discovered in traps at the Old Greenville Recreational Area (one of my favorites). I am sure the days of transporting firewood anywhere in Missouri are now numbered.

Please see the MODNR site http://www.icampmo.comfor more details about this terrible news.
2005 Forest River Surveyor SV291
1995 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 Reg. Cab 5.9L Magnum 360, timbrens, low miles (77,300) It's old, but it's paid for!!
jp rver
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Re: ATTENTION MISSOURI CAMPERS!!!!

Unread postby skipnchar on Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:55 pm

Sorry to hear the news but it's a small price to pay if we can save our forests.
2007 Rockwood 8314SS Travel Trailer
F-150 HD OR F-250 PSD SCREW (whichever I feel like driving)

skipnchar
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to General RV Discussion