Skip to content

Change font size

Lippert acquires JT Stabilizers!

Generalized RV discussion not covered in another forum - the "Catch All" for RV talk!

Moderator: Zinger

Forum rules
Although RV-forums.org is an easy-going place, we do have a few easy to follow rules. Please read up on them here.

Lippert acquires JT Stabilizers!

Unread postby Limey on Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:22 am

As a big advocate of the JT stablizers I was interested to see that Lippert has acquired JT. Let's hope that they make them an option on all trailers that use Lippert frames. Say what you like about Lippert frames - they have their detractors - all my trailers have had Lippert frames and have been exceptional, and if they can now offer JT's to a wider market it will make a lot of folk's camping experience a lot more comfortable!

(RTTNews) - Drew Industries Inc. (DW: News ) said on Tuesday that its subsidiary, Lippert Components, Inc., acquired the patent for "JT's Strong Arm Jack Stabilizer," and other intellectual properties and assets, from JT's RV Accessories. The purchase price of $3 million was funded from available cash.

Drew's CEO Leigh Abrams said, "The addition of this innovative stabilizing system to our product line is another step in our overall strategy to add value to our customers' products and increase our content per RV."

Jim Thorpe, the President and CEO of JT's RV Accessories, entered into a three-year employment contract with Lippert Components. Lippert Components' CEO Jason Lippert said, "Jim is highly creative, and we hope to see additional innovative products from him in the years to come."
Martyn (aka Limey)

2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 QC CTD 4x4 SLT; 2007 Coachmen Chaparral 267RLS;
Reese 15K Slider; Prodigy; JT Stabilizers; Rotochoks; 2 Honda EU2000i's
2006 Glastron MX175
Limey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lippert acquires JT Stabilizers!

Unread postby fla-gypsy on Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:16 pm

The addition of JT's to the Lippert frame as factory equipment would be a great asset
2006 Keystone Hornet 29RLS
09 F-250 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L
http://community.webshots.com/user/flagypsy57
St Andrews State Park cult member
fla-gypsy

Unread postby Zinger on Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:49 am

Sounds like another case of BIG buisness getting bigger. I hope the customer service and quality dont suffer!
Have a good one
Greg Morin
2008 Zinger ZT 260 BH

Zinger
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby Limey on Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:22 pm

Zinger wrote:Sounds like another case of BIG buisness getting bigger. I hope the customer service and quality dont suffer!

I doubt it, as they also hired the inventor/owner of JT who owns the copyright, and JT's customer service has always been outstanding. :)
Martyn (aka Limey)

2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 QC CTD 4x4 SLT; 2007 Coachmen Chaparral 267RLS;
Reese 15K Slider; Prodigy; JT Stabilizers; Rotochoks; 2 Honda EU2000i's
2006 Glastron MX175
Limey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Zinger on Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:27 pm

Limey wrote:
Zinger wrote:Sounds like another case of BIG buisness getting bigger. I hope the customer service and quality dont suffer!

I doubt it, as they also hired the inventor/owner of JT who owns the copyright, and JT's customer service has always been outstanding. :)

thats great to hear, I worry too much about the way things normally happen in the US.
Have a good one
Greg Morin
2008 Zinger ZT 260 BH

Zinger
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to General RV Discussion