Skip to content

Change font size

highs for the day

Generalized RV discussion not covered in another forum - the "Catch All" for RV talk!

Moderator: Zinger

Forum rules
Although RV-forums.org is an easy-going place, we do have a few easy to follow rules. Please read up on them here.

highs for the day

Unread postby mountainman on Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:06 pm

Here is the high temp for Estes Park today. Loveland was 51 degrees.

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/US ... %20park,co

Oh and by the way this just appeared on channel 9 web site: US 34 Trail Ridge Road from Rainbow Curve to Milner Pass is closed due to inclement weather.

It's going to be a propane night in the "High Country"!!
Life is a Journey and only you hold the map!
mountainman
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Re: highs for the day

Unread postby Limey on Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:08 pm

Yup, my furnace is running right now - it's raining here at Chatfield SP as I write this, and it has been since yesterday morning. Had an hour's respite a short time ago but it's started again! It's currently 55 here and was down to 48 last night. One buddy backed out and didn't come because of the weather but two other trailers joined us.

The boat won't get on the water this weekend, unless we need it to get home!!

Don't care what the weather is like - "there is no bad day camping!"
Martyn (aka Limey)

2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 QC CTD 4x4 SLT; 2007 Coachmen Chaparral 267RLS;
Reese 15K Slider; Prodigy; JT Stabilizers; Rotochoks; 2 Honda EU2000i's
2006 Glastron MX175
Limey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby mountainman on Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:14 pm

Limey:
It cleared up here in Loveland about 3:30 and looks like the "big rain'" is over for us. We got 2.50 inches and were are thankful for all of it.
Your right, there are no bad days while camping.
mountainman
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread postby jp rver on Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:37 pm

Limey wrote:Yup, my furnace is running right now - it's raining here at Chatfield SP as I write this, and it has been since yesterday morning. Had an hour's respite a short time ago but it's started again! It's currently 55 here and was down to 48 last night. One buddy backed out and didn't come because of the weather but two other trailers joined us.

The boat won't get on the water this weekend, unless we need it to get home!!

Don't care what the weather is like - "there is no bad day camping!"

I gotta tell ya, some of my favorite nights in our TT are in the Spring or Fall, with the outside temps in the upper 30s, a light to moderate rain falling (or snow), the furnace running, and the DW snuggled up against me. It just doesn't get much "cozier" than that! :mrgreen:

We spent one night in March of 2000 in our then TT with 4 inches of snow on the ground and a nighttime low of 17 degrees. It was very cozy that night. ;)

2005 Forest River Surveyor SV291
1995 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 Reg. Cab 5.9L Magnum 360, timbrens, low miles (77,300) It's old, but it's paid for!!
jp rver
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread postby JBandMJ on Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:51 am

Are those temps normal for this time of year? I know in parts of Kansas we had our first taste of cool weather, and what I mean by cool is lows in the 60s and highs in the 70s , for any of you folks that have traveled through Kansas in Mid August that is cool!! I have a feeling that the “Road Closed Gate” in Western Kansas on I 70 will be working over time this winter.
Jim & Marilyn
Mulvane, Kansas
2004 33 V Winnebago Adventure
JBandMJ

Unread postby mountainman on Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:31 pm

In Colorado you learn to expect the unusual! These temps are not usual but you just never know when a cold front will set up just right and a low pressure area will form just east of us hold the cold air up aginst the mountains. Speaking of mountains from my house you can see that they are all white from around 10,000 to the tops (12,000-14,260).
mountainman
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Return to General RV Discussion