Skip to content

Change font size

Another storm on the way!!!!!

Generalized RV discussion not covered in another forum - the "Catch All" for RV talk!

Moderator: Zinger

Forum rules
Although RV-forums.org is an easy-going place, we do have a few easy to follow rules. Please read up on them here.

Another storm on the way!!!!!

Unread postby graywolf67 on Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:50 pm

Tropical storm just off the Texas coast, second in 2 weeks. Went to check on the trailer this afternoon to make sure everything was tied down good. I normally leave one of the roof vents open as the trailer is undercover, so I closed that. Interested to see what others do when storms come your way(if you have warning) . Any other Rver's in southeast TX please keep safe. :D :mrgreen:
2008 Ford F250 6.4PSD Zinger ZT26RL
graywolf67
Established Member
Established Member

Re: Another storm on the way!!!!!

Unread postby Frank Henn on Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:25 pm

All you have to do is watch out for the weatherman on the weather channel Jim Catorie??? my mind went blank. He attrack the big ones.. Look what he did on our coast in Mississippi. I never thought in my life that living in Jackson Mississippi I would go thru a Catgory three hurricane. I will say this if it is a day away from the coast that Cruiser is going to beheaded to somewherville USA..... Went through a bad one in the late sixties in Corp Cristie Texas at the Naval Station. Never never never again
Frank and Janet Henn
with Hoover the Wonder Dog Now introducing Rainbow the wonder puppy
2008 Crossroads Cruiser CF32BL
pushing a 2005 Dodge 2500 CDT
Frank Henn
Established Member
Established Member

Unread postby Limey on Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:27 pm

My company closed its Houston offic this afternoon and it will stay closed tomorrow in accordance with wishes of the Houston mayor, we were told. Just in case of flooding. Stay safe down there - I have a lot of workmates in our S Texas and Louisiana gas fields who are making sure everything is battened down! Keep us posted!
Martyn (aka Limey)

2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 QC CTD 4x4 SLT; 2007 Coachmen Chaparral 267RLS;
Reese 15K Slider; Prodigy; JT Stabilizers; Rotochoks; 2 Honda EU2000i's
2006 Glastron MX175
Limey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby jp rver on Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:43 pm

Frank Henn wrote:All you have to do is watch out for the weatherman on the weather channel Jim Catorie??? my mind went blank. He attrack the big ones.. Look what he did on our coast in Mississippi. I never thought in my life that living in Jackson Mississippi I would go thru a Catgory three hurricane. I will say this if it is a day away from the coast that Cruiser is going to beheaded to somewherville USA..... Went through a bad one in the late sixties in Corp Cristie Texas at the Naval Station. Never never never again

Jim Cantorie(I think I spelled it right) is the fellow you are referring to.

All you folks on the Texas and Louisiana coasts stay safe, and get out of the way if you can!
2005 Forest River Surveyor SV291
1995 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 Reg. Cab 5.9L Magnum 360, timbrens, low miles (77,300) It's old, but it's paid for!!
jp rver
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Return to General RV Discussion