Skip to content

Change font size

Golf carts

Generalized RV discussion not covered in another forum - the "Catch All" for RV talk!

Moderator: Zinger

Forum rules
Although RV-forums.org is an easy-going place, we do have a few easy to follow rules. Please read up on them here.

Golf carts

Unread postby Zinger on Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:45 pm

Dos anyone find golf carts annoying Electric ones are fine but gassers are louder than a diesel truck this weekend it seemed like every idiot was ramming around cutting thru sites and driving wherever they want If I didnt see 30 carts cut thru empty sites i didnt see any this is not relaxing to me alot of teenagers driving around blowing the horn.
Hate to rant but I cant help it am I being OCD
Have a good one
Greg Morin
2008 Zinger ZT 260 BH

Zinger
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Golf carts

Unread postby mike54 on Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:44 pm

BB gun would solve the problem gonna of like the duck game at the carnival :mrgreen:

around here the few campgrounds that allow them they have strict rules

like over 21,electric only,insurance ect.
mike54

Unread postby MCBOWERS on Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:54 pm

Zinger wrote:Dos anyone find golf carts annoying

every idiot was ramming around cutting thru sites and driving wherever they want

alot of teenagers driving around blowing the horn.

It would be fine with me if they banned ALL powered carts ,scooters,etc...from campgrounds.Let them go boondock in the desert.Thats where my kids learned to drive.
MCBOWERS
TV 1977Chevy 1 ton dually crewcab,w/smogless 454,Turbo 400,3.73
TT TC 23QB 2006 w/1200W inverter, 3 step charger,80W solar panel
ACHILLES hard bottom inflateable[12'] w/15hp Suzuki ob,ready to launch
MCBOWERS
Established Member
Established Member

Unread postby leadm55 on Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:23 pm

Doesn't motorized vehicles have to have a tag? I have had 2 golf carts and when you buy them you don't get a title.
Les & Diane
Conway Springs, Ks
2009 Dodge 3500 6.7 diesel 1 ton SRW 4x4
1999 Spinnaker 32' 2 slide
leadm55

Unread postby Zinger on Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:56 pm

Most campgrounds are private property so I wouldnt think reg is required i know where we go they do require insurance. I understand the need for some elderly folks but people my age 35 can walk or ride a bike.
Have a good one
Greg Morin
2008 Zinger ZT 260 BH

Zinger
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby PrivatePilot on Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:50 pm

In most campgrounds in Canada (with the exception of some of the large private ones) golf carts (and any other sort of motorized vehicle, for that matter) are completely prohibited so it's rare.

We spent our second last night on the road at a campground in Michigan and given it's size (over 1000 sites) it seemed that *everyone* there had golf carts, and yes, I'll agree that many of the gassers were loud and annoying. They did have rules that prevented their use after a certain hour but our quiet time around the campfire was disturbed countless times by people blasting by after dark with their carts. THe noise was one thing but the bright headlights (some people had 6 or 8 lights on their carts!) got downright annoying after a while.
PrivatePilot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Carolina Cruiser on Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:51 am

We have run into golf cart problems at the beach campgrounds. The bigger problem is that the rules are not enforced by the campground. We have seen dangerous driving by young kids, that should have been stopped according to the rules. I guess that they are afraid they would lose some money from the rental of golf carts. We have wondered how someone has not been severely hurt or killed. We do see more electric than gas carts though.
Carolina Cruiser

Fl. State Pks!

Unread postby antiqfreq on Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:23 am

The Florida State Park system has decided that as of 7/1/08 that golf carts WILL be allowed in their state parks.
We were are Lake Kissimmee SP over the recent Holiday and there were several on the streets at all times.

I believe it is okay for a handicapped person to have one. If he has a handicapped tag for his car, and if he is camping a handicapped spot then that person might need one - but otherwise I am against them in these common areas.

I have emailed the parks system - might not do any good - but I primarily frequent state parks and this is NOT a welcome site and/or change for me!

Jo :cry:
2007 Keystone Cougar 291RLS
2003 F250 - 7.3 diesel baby !
antiqfreq

Unread postby The Wood Tinker on Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:22 pm

annoying
Jerry & Sharon †
Bindi, Cody and Terra the furry kids
Lake Elsinore, Calif
'08 F250 SD
'08 299BHS Tango
The Wood Tinker

Unread postby PrivatePilot on Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:37 pm

I found the electric carts to be much more acceptable. Some were so quiet that the only noise you could hear was the rocks crumbling under the tires.
PrivatePilot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby skipnchar on Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:49 pm

If someone NEEDS a means of getting around I guess I can put up with one, whether gas or electric but I have to admit it POs me a little bit to find folks using them to get to the trail head so they can go for a hike (and I've actually seen this more than once). I've never understood why but on a recent trip to Shenandoah National Park we noticed that at every trail head we found handicapped parking signs. It's kind of hard to imagine someone who was unable to walk the extra 50 feet from the furthest parking spot but could still hike up and down a mountain side ????. I think someone has "run amuk" in DC :D (whodathought?)

Here's one I read about: A guy was driving the two blocks to his local YMCA for his morning work out and writing to complain that he had to park in the back of the lot whenever he went there. What a shame :?:
2007 Rockwood 8314SS Travel Trailer
F-150 HD OR F-250 PSD SCREW (whichever I feel like driving)

skipnchar
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby fla-gypsy on Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:22 pm

Golf carts in the Florida State Park systems will turn out to be a colossal mistake, but hey, it is run by politicians who never claim to be too bright.
2006 Keystone Hornet 29RLS
09 F-250 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L
http://community.webshots.com/user/flagypsy57
St Andrews State Park cult member
fla-gypsy

Return to General RV Discussion