Skip to content

Change font size

Just finished 11 nights in our TT

Generalized RV discussion not covered in another forum - the "Catch All" for RV talk!

Moderator: Zinger

Forum rules
Although RV-forums.org is an easy-going place, we do have a few easy to follow rules. Please read up on them here.

Just finished 11 nights in our TT

Unread postby jp rver on Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:18 pm

My wife's family has a membership to a local resort so we decided to pull the trailer up there and live out of it for a few days. We originally planned for only a week, but decided to stay 11 days! The resort has full hookups,(electric, water, and sewer) and mini golf, ping pong, and a nice pool for the kids. There is even a small lake for fishing if you so desire. We had a great time and as it was only 13 miles from home, were able to still commute to work, kids ballgames, etc. This was our longest consecutive stay in our trailer, and quite honestly I could have stayed longer! But, the household chores were being neglected, and we would have been required to leave after 14 days anyway, so we packed up and came home yesterday. I think the wife and kids were more ready than I was to leave, but I could live in the trailer permanently if they would let me!

All in all it was a great time! Now we have some cleaning and other assorted chores to complete (in the trailer and at our house) to prepare for our next trip down to another favorite spot in a couple weeks! I love this time of year!!! :mrgreen:
2005 Forest River Surveyor SV291
1995 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 Reg. Cab 5.9L Magnum 360, timbrens, low miles (77,300) It's old, but it's paid for!!
jp rver
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Re: Just finished 11 nights in our TT

Unread postby Zinger on Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:43 am

sounds like fun we have a hard time getting much more than weekends at a CG.
Have a good one
Greg Morin
2008 Zinger ZT 260 BH

Zinger
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby Limey on Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:46 pm

Close to home can be as much fun. Tomorrow I am heading out for 3 days at Chatfield State Park - only 50 miles from home, but a great spot. We have 4 trailers going and 2 boats and have invited a bunch of friends and workmates down to get wet as I tow them behind the boat. Going to be a fun weekend! :mrgreen:
Martyn (aka Limey)

2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 QC CTD 4x4 SLT; 2007 Coachmen Chaparral 267RLS;
Reese 15K Slider; Prodigy; JT Stabilizers; Rotochoks; 2 Honda EU2000i's
2006 Glastron MX175
Limey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby cwit on Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:19 pm

We get out about 3 weeks during the summer. We live on Lake Champlain and it is hard to leave home. Winter is different we head south after frist of the year and come back in April. Love being retired. :D
cwit

Return to General RV Discussion