Skip to content

Change font size

Noise at night

Generalized RV discussion not covered in another forum - the "Catch All" for RV talk!

Moderator: Zinger

Forum rules
Although RV-forums.org is an easy-going place, we do have a few easy to follow rules. Please read up on them here.

Noise at night

Unread postby mikhen on Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:42 pm

Last Friday at 3 AM, there was a group somewhere near us that was very loud. You could hear the bottles being thrown in a pile, yelling, etc. There were also people playing basketball and that echoed through the campground. I suspect it was all the same group. I only heard it when I got up to go to the bathroom and the roof vent was open. Our AC was on so that blocked alot of the noise. My question, at 3am, how would you notify the CG management about the noise?? I don't know which site it was to let them know in the morning. :?: :?:
2005 Forest River Sunseeker 3100 qbs

The MOST free camping giveaways in Pa....
http://www.campingpa.com

Our Camping in Pa Webpage
http://www.campinginpa.weebly.com
mikhen

Re: Noise at night

Unread postby Zinger on Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:19 pm

good question I would assume (hope) that the phone # rings to a place where someone is sleeping.
I guess I am an optimist. sounds quite annoying some people just dont think of others.
Have a good one
Greg Morin
2008 Zinger ZT 260 BH

Zinger
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby MCBOWERS on Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:45 pm

Zinger wrote: some people just dont think of others.

Of course they don't.The time to handle this problem is when u check in at the campground.ASK!then u will know who is going to handle the problem ,though many places just post a sigh stating that for any emergency u call 911.
Also if u are going to complain ,u better be ready point out the offender.JMO
MCBOWERS
TV 1977Chevy 1 ton dually crewcab,w/smogless 454,Turbo 400,3.73
TT TC 23QB 2006 w/1200W inverter, 3 step charger,80W solar panel
ACHILLES hard bottom inflateable[12'] w/15hp Suzuki ob,ready to launch
MCBOWERS
Established Member
Established Member

Unread postby Zinger on Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:18 pm

[quote]Also if u are going to complain ,u better be ready point out the offender.JMO

That is true but the hard part is doing it descretly so you dont cause yourself problems.
Have a good one
Greg Morin
2008 Zinger ZT 260 BH

Zinger
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby mikhen on Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:05 pm

I wasn't gonna complain. But the thought came to mind about how would I complain. The place I was at had alot of rules, including no fires after midnight. Everything else was great except for that, and since it didn't wake me up, it didn't bother me.
2005 Forest River Sunseeker 3100 qbs

The MOST free camping giveaways in Pa....
http://www.campingpa.com

Our Camping in Pa Webpage
http://www.campinginpa.weebly.com
mikhen

We called the ranger.........

Unread postby antiqfreq on Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:34 am

Last year we were at Lake Louisa SP in Florida and about 7pm two men set up a tent next to our friends site. About 10PM they hear all kinds of loud music, and about 8 men were at the site, all drinking and talking loud. Finally our friends called the ranger who then called the police and threw them ALL out.

Next morning we saw the huge mess. Wondered IF anyone was gonna come back for the stuff or not.
Well about 9AM, the two original guys showed up, cleaned up the entire mess and took off.

We think the two men paid for the site, then let all the other 'friends' in so they could have one heck of a party.
Guess they didn't think that anyone would say anything. But it got them thrown out!

Jo
2007 Keystone Cougar 291RLS
2003 F250 - 7.3 diesel baby !
antiqfreq

Unread postby skipnchar on Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:28 pm

Zinger wrote:

That is true but the hard part is doing it descretly so you dont cause yourself problems.

I think that LAST thing I'd be concerned about is being discrete. I'd be more likely to jump up and down and cheer if anyone would do anything about it. The way I've handled that type of situation in the past (but only if the noise is actually bothering me) is to just maneuver my truck and hit em with my bright lights for about 15 minutes. Leaves no DOUBT who is complaining and anyone being THAT obnoxious doesn't get my consideration of being discrete about it.
2007 Rockwood 8314SS Travel Trailer
F-150 HD OR F-250 PSD SCREW (whichever I feel like driving)

skipnchar
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby Zinger on Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:38 am

skipnchar wrote:
Zinger wrote:

I think that LAST thing I'd be concerned about is being discrete. I'd be more likely to jump up and down and cheer if anyone would do anything about it. The way I've handled that type of situation in the past (but only if the noise is actually bothering me) is to just maneuver my truck and hit em with my bright lights for about 15 minutes. Leaves no DOUBT who is complaining and anyone being THAT obnoxious doesn't get my consideration of being discrete about it.

thats about $4 worth of gas :lol: ! I am not as confrontational and with 2 kids dont need to worry about problems because I turned someone in.
Have a good one
Greg Morin
2008 Zinger ZT 260 BH

Zinger
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to General RV Discussion