Skip to content

Change font size

Owning a Campground

Generalized RV discussion not covered in another forum - the "Catch All" for RV talk!

Moderator: Zinger

Forum rules
Although RV-forums.org is an easy-going place, we do have a few easy to follow rules. Please read up on them here.

Owning a Campground

Unread postby mikhen on Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:59 pm

Yes, for some reason, I'd like to. But here's a little game that's fun, and hard.
Owning a Campground:
http://www.miniclip.com/games/youda-camper/en/
2005 Forest River Sunseeker 3100 qbs

The MOST free camping giveaways in Pa....
http://www.campingpa.com

Our Camping in Pa Webpage
http://www.campinginpa.weebly.com
mikhen

Re: Owning a Campground

Unread postby catmom on Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:10 pm

You're right, that does look hard! I took a peek, but didn't really try it. We have friends who own a CG and they work very hard - they're also handy, and don't mind doing lots of heavy-duty work. They've put a lot of improvements into their CG and I think have done very well. However, they don't get to go camping!! Their vacations: in the winter, when their CG closes, they go diving in the Caribbean. (I know, tough life...)

Anyway, we both enjoy camping, but I'm not sure we'd enjoy actually running a CG. Camping for us is relaxation, not work. :)
2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 CrewMax 5.7L w/ tow pkg
2008 Flagstaff 831RLSS
catmom

Unread postby skipnchar on Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:58 pm

If there was EVER a job for which I would be unsuited it would be owning a campground. I usually maintain a pretty even disposition but if I saw folks doing to MY property what I see being done in campgrounds I'd be arrested for assault for certain and soon there'd be nobody but me left camping there and I'm NOT a great tipper. :D
2007 Rockwood 8314SS Travel Trailer
F-150 HD OR F-250 PSD SCREW (whichever I feel like driving)

skipnchar
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby bamasurveyor on Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:48 am

We know a couple of camp grounds owners. They are very nice people, but I would not want their headaches for anything. One of them hadn't been on vacation himself for over 5 years. And his stix and brix house is in the camp ground so there is no getting away.
The other camp ground owners have a hard time keeping good help,seems they want to spend most of their time with the guest instead of on the job. So the owners are constantly having to follow up on everything that has to be done or re-done.
John 47
Ted 47
2006 Chevy Silverado LS Ext 4.8L 4:10 rear
2007 Surveyor SV291
bamasurveyor

Return to General RV Discussion