Skip to content

Change font size

Camping time is heating up for me.

Generalized RV discussion not covered in another forum - the "Catch All" for RV talk!

Moderator: Zinger

Forum rules
Although RV-forums.org is an easy-going place, we do have a few easy to follow rules. Please read up on them here.

Camping time is heating up for me.

Unread postby fla-gypsy on Mon May 12, 2008 9:51 am

I camped New Years here in Jax at Hanna Park (a nice beach park ran by the city) and spring break at Wekiwa Springs SP (Orlando) but summer is my main season. Memorial Day will be spent at Salt Springs in the Ocala National Forest, Early June it is Charleston SC. July back to Salt Springs, August it's St Andrews SP in PCB and then St George Island SP in Appalachicola. Labor Day along the Suwannee River at Stephen Foster SP, October will find me at Ft Clinch SP in Fernandina Bch on the ocean side. That will take me back to New Years. How about everyone else?
2006 Keystone Hornet 29RLS
09 F-250 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L
http://community.webshots.com/user/flagypsy57
St Andrews State Park cult member
fla-gypsy

Re: Camping time is heating up for me.

Unread postby Carolina Cruiser on Mon May 12, 2008 10:44 am

New years was Ocean lakes in Myrtle beach, Easter/Spring Break at Dan Nicolas Park, Salisbury NC, we have thrown weekends between at several places in our area, headed to Stonebridge in Maggie Valley for MD, James Island Park for the forth, several more weekend trips before labor day at Lake Wiley, then more weekends before Dan Nicolas for Thanksgiving and back to the beach at New years. We have over forty night booked this year but teenagers and their sports really slow us down from the last week of July until really after Easter. One day, if the good lord lets us live that long, we will spend more time on the road than we will at the barn that we will call home base.
Carolina Cruiser

Re: Camping time is heating up for me.

Unread postby skipnchar on Mon May 12, 2008 8:48 pm

There SEEMS to be some sort of conspiracy against my getting out locally this year. Most weekends there are tornados falling all around us and when the weather is good our kids are keeping us busy. Birthday celebration last weekend, next weekend I've got grandkids graduating at half the schools in Shawnee County and through out the next week they all want to have a graduation party that we're expected to attend (and we WANT to attend) then it's back to storms forecast again. I MAY have to hit the road for a month or two or I'll miss out on the whole season LOL.
2007 Rockwood 8314SS Travel Trailer
F-150 HD OR F-250 PSD SCREW (whichever I feel like driving)

skipnchar
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to General RV Discussion