Skip to content

Change font size

Where will we sleep?

Generalized RV discussion not covered in another forum - the "Catch All" for RV talk!

Moderator: Zinger

Forum rules
Although RV-forums.org is an easy-going place, we do have a few easy to follow rules. Please read up on them here.

Where will we sleep?

Unread postby timtune on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:57 pm

My wife and I are looking to buy a small (21ftish) used class C motorhome. Our plan is to tow our motorcycle in a small enclosed trailer and then live in the camper for a 1-3 weeks at a time while we ride, and explore the local roads. We in our mid-50's and both in good health.

We have been looking at campers with a permanent bed in the back vs one where the table needs to drop down to create a sleeping area. We don't want to have to turn our bed into a table and our table into a bed every day.

So far we have assumed we won't be interested in sleeping in the bed up front over the "cockpit". Less head room & the need to climb up there we figured it was really just for kids.

Now I'm having second thoughts. Wondering if that's a perfectly legitimate place for 2 adults to sleep. If so it really opens up many options we could consider.

Lastly, if pulling a small trailer will we need a dually?
timtune

Re: Where will we sleep?

Unread postby RonJK on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:24 pm

Welcome to the forum.

A 21 foot Class C does not have a lot of options for sleeping without modifying either table or couch if it has one.
I have seen 23' with a bed that is permanent at the rear of the coach.
We had a 26' with a bed in the rear.
The overhead beds leave a lot to be desired for two adults.
A dually is more stable regardless of weather you are towing or not.

Sounds like a great combination, the RV and the motorcycle.

Hope all your travels are safe and happy.
RonJK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General RV Discussion