Skip to content

Change font size

"If you have slide-outs, you have leaks"

Generalized RV discussion not covered in another forum - the "Catch All" for RV talk!

Moderator: Zinger

Forum rules
Although RV-forums.org is an easy-going place, we do have a few easy to follow rules. Please read up on them here.

"If you have slide-outs, you have leaks"

Unread postby Johnster on Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:08 pm

This is a quote from the superintendent of the park where I'm looking at purchasing a less-than 1 year old 36 foot travel trailer, which, coincidentally, has 3 slide-outs. Having never owned an RV of this size before, I'm a little leery of this kind of statement. I looked around the trailer pretty closely, and there are no signs of leaks, which is pretty much what I expected given it was manufactured this year, but I'd really like to know if this is pretty much the wisdom of those here as well. Does anyone here agree with that statement? Any advice for me on the care and feeding of slide-outs to prevent leaks?

Cheers!
John
Johnster

Re: "If you have slide-outs, you have leaks"

Unread postby RonJK on Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:36 pm

John
Slides do require a little TLC but they should not leak if a little maintenance is done on a regular basis.

Check out our tech tip page for some info on slide maintenance....RV Tech Tips
RonJK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: "If you have slide-outs, you have leaks"

Unread postby garyking on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:04 am

Very impressive advice! Just like you, I have also faced the same kind of problem in the earlier days when I used to travel a lot in the Custom Sprinters For Sale. Whoever has invented this saying, has the perfect knowledge about big RVs and other modified vehicles. Looking to visit this kind of informative posts more often in the future!
garyking

Return to General RV Discussion