Skip to content

Change font size

Check used RV VIN in Ontario

Generalized RV discussion not covered in another forum - the "Catch All" for RV talk!

Moderator: Zinger

Forum rules
Although RV-forums.org is an easy-going place, we do have a few easy to follow rules. Please read up on them here.

Check used RV VIN in Ontario

Unread postby Johnster on Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:09 pm

Hi all,
First post here as I'm about to (hopefully) buy my first private sale RV, and I seek the advice of those of you who have done this before. I need to do a lien search on this vehicle before I buy it, but every site I try tells me they cant find the vehicle,
(I think they are mostly geared towards car searches). I have the VIn and as far as I can tell it's valid, but I cant seem to find a single site that can even decode it let alone tell me if it's got a lien on it. I'm in Ontario Canada, and the trailer in question is only 2 years old and was purchased here in Ontario.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
John
Johnster

Re: Check used RV VIN in Ontario

Unread postby RonJK on Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:52 am

Welcome to the forum

Try going to your bank.
They will run a lien search for you and if it is a registered lien they will find it.
RonJK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Little Kopit on Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:12 pm

Agree with Ron.

But just wanted to say WELCOME ABOARD.

8-)
& I, I took the road less travelled by

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

Little Kopit
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby Johnster on Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:03 pm

I went to https://www.personalproperty.gov.on.ca/ppsrweb/en/enquiry/mv_enquiry.jsp?page_index=0 and did a search there for $8. It came up as no liens registered in Ontario. I dont believe it checked the actual VIN for validity, but I'm pretty sure that it would have found any liens registered against it so I think I'm good to go.

I dont have a bricks and mortar bank, just an online one, but I might contact them to see if they can offer any assistance.

Thanks for the posts, and the welcome. I'm about to post my second question momentarily, and I'll update this thread if any new information comes to light, so stay tuned!

Cheers
John
Johnster

Return to General RV Discussion