Skip to content

Change font size

Summer is coming. Bah Humbug!

Generalized RV discussion not covered in another forum - the "Catch All" for RV talk!

Moderator: Zinger

Forum rules
Although RV-forums.org is an easy-going place, we do have a few easy to follow rules. Please read up on them here.

Summer is coming. Bah Humbug!

Unread postby wintek on Fri May 02, 2008 10:51 am

I see everyone’s excitement getting ready for camping season, rigs being readied to go, de-winterizing ect… For me it’s a let down as the summer heat is approaching signaling an end to what I consider the camping season. No longer will we be able to boon dock or enjoy the quietness of the campground. The hum of air conditioners will be in the air.

I have once lived in the cooler climates and understand the excitement. Seems by February cabin fever has set in and everyone begins getting a bit antsy. It won’t be long before I start getting the itch to head north for cooler camping grounds. Ahhh the mountain air, cool streams. I can feel it now. SCREEEEECH.. Oh wait! Gas is $4.00 a gallon. Let’s see if the state park down the road has any full hookups left. Better get that AC checked out. Don’t want to deal with any Freon leaks. Oh well, we all can dream.
wintek
Established Member
Established Member

Re: Summer is coming. Bah Humbug!

Unread postby skipnchar on Fri May 02, 2008 11:11 am

LOL you're correct, it's all in the perspective. We always snowbird in South Texas and it sounds like you need to be considering pine-coning in the north somewhere. :D
2007 Rockwood 8314SS Travel Trailer
F-150 HD OR F-250 PSD SCREW (whichever I feel like driving)

skipnchar
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby ButteBumBob on Fri May 02, 2008 11:12 am

You speak the truth !!
2004 Crossroads Cruiser 29rk
2004 GMC Sierra, crewcab,SB,4x4,Duramax/Allison
1973 Seeker travel trailer (for the short trips)

ButteBumBob
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread postby fla-gypsy on Sat May 03, 2008 7:39 am

I live in the "deep south" and I actually camp more in the summer than winter. Being near the beach or freshwater springs and cooling off on a hot day is just part of the culture down here. We never let the heat and humidity keep us from doing anything. We did without A/C just fine when I was coming up. I have to admit though Dr John Gorrie ranks right up there with Robert E. Lee in stature in these parts.
2006 Keystone Hornet 29RLS
09 F-250 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L
http://community.webshots.com/user/flagypsy57
St Andrews State Park cult member
fla-gypsy

Return to General RV Discussion