Skip to content

Change font size

Overweight, for sure.

Generalized RV discussion not covered in another forum - the "Catch All" for RV talk!

Moderator: Zinger

Forum rules
Although RV-forums.org is an easy-going place, we do have a few easy to follow rules. Please read up on them here.

Overweight, for sure.

Unread postby PrivatePilot on Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:44 pm

What exactly is the tow rating of that thing, anyways? :-)
Attachments
campground.jpg
PrivatePilot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Overweight, for sure.

Unread postby skipnchar on Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:51 pm

I'd LOVE to have a "blow up" version just to park in front of my trailer in the campground. Talk about a conversation starter :D
2007 Rockwood 8314SS Travel Trailer
F-150 HD OR F-250 PSD SCREW (whichever I feel like driving)

skipnchar
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby PrivatePilot on Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:54 pm

The original is a bit bigger, but probably not big enough to really blow up much:

http://www.campsalemsd.com/campground.jpg
PrivatePilot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby jp rver on Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:08 pm

Reminds me of a recurring thing that happens to us when we go camping. See, being a family of four, we usually have to take her car along as well since my truck is a regular cab. My wife's car you see, is a Dodge Neon with a hitch on the back that we use to pull our little jon boat with on occasion. It always happens at least once during one of our trips, that one of us is gone in the truck and the car is sitting in front of the trailer. Well, it happened again 2 weeks ago. I was sitting out by the campfire, and my wife and kids were out in the truck doing some fishing at the river. A group of people walked by and I overheard one of them say "I wouldn't think that little front wheel drive could pull that trailer!" I always just smile and wave and play along letting them think what they want. :D

I guess they see that little hitch on the back of the car and think it's my tow vehicle. Of course most folks know better, but there is always someone that apparently doesn't.
2005 Forest River Surveyor SV291
1995 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 Reg. Cab 5.9L Magnum 360, timbrens, low miles (77,300) It's old, but it's paid for!!
jp rver
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Return to General RV Discussion