Skip to content

Change font size

Popped new trailer tire. Don't know how. Any ideas?

Generalized RV discussion not covered in another forum - the "Catch All" for RV talk!

Moderator: Zinger

Forum rules
Although RV-forums.org is an easy-going place, we do have a few easy to follow rules. Please read up on them here.

Popped new trailer tire. Don't know how. Any ideas?

Unread postby jeremyg on Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:39 pm

Hi,
I just popped a camper tire and I don't know why. I would like to avoid this again, so I could use some help. Worried....
I just bought a Coachmen Clipper 806 popup new and when the nitro tire popped it had two huge egg shape wear spots in the center, one with a big hole and the other with a big wear spot roughly opposite to each other. It is as if the brakes locked repeatedly in the 2 same spots.
The dealer checked the bearings and brakes and everything is functioning fine. Tow computer is set at factory suggested. I am freaked out that this happened and would like to know if I did anything to contribute to this or if this was something mechanical or from before I even bought it.

Is it possible the wheel had been installed not flush or some other reason? Over inflation? Is it possible tires were dragged before camper was purchased?
I could really use some feedback to put my mind at ease.
Thanks in advance,
Jeremy,
BC
jeremyg

Re: Popped new trailer tire. Don't know how. Any ideas?

Unread postby RonJK on Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:39 am

It may be the adjustment might be out a bit on the brake controller and they are locking up if you do a bit of hard braking?

Did the dealer check that out?
RonJK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Popped new trailer tire. Don't know how. Any ideas?

Unread postby jeremyg on Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:59 pm

RonJK wrote:It may be the adjustment might be out a bit on the brake controller and they are locking up if you do a bit of hard braking?

Did the dealer check that out?

Thanks for the reply, Ron. I will have them check it out.
jeremyg

Return to General RV Discussion