Skip to content

Change font size

Contract over with Direct TV.

Generalized RV discussion not covered in another forum - the "Catch All" for RV talk!

Moderator: Zinger

Forum rules
Although RV-forums.org is an easy-going place, we do have a few easy to follow rules. Please read up on them here.

Contract over with Direct TV.

Unread postby Terry on Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:46 am

After a year of the worst TV reception possible, and the lies of the Direct TV company. It is finally over. Tomorrow I cancel it. The contract, That I kept, but they didn't has expired. Pluss. I got to thinkin. Why in the world am I paying so much money to watch TV with commercials. BTW. More than I was told it would be. Shouldn't that be free? Answere. Yes. And after tomarrow it will be. Because of fuel prices and stuff. We are cutting back, and DTV will be the first to go. I will be able to watch TV when it rains again. Now it jusy dissapears till the rain stops.
Terry and Shay
NC
Lazy campers
Terry
Established Member
Established Member

Re: Contract over with Direct TV.

Unread postby The Wood Tinker on Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:51 am

The cuts re coming....something has to give! :evil:
Jerry & Sharon †
Bindi, Cody and Terra the furry kids
Lake Elsinore, Calif
'08 F250 SD
'08 299BHS Tango
The Wood Tinker

Unread postby skipnchar on Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:19 pm

Yeah I recently switched to DTV and looking back I wish I hadn't done it. Lots more channels but nothing really on except re-broad casts of old network series. I think I actually got maybe three or four new channels that I'd actually watch (beyond what I already got with cable) but at least with Direct they're PAYING for the stations they're re-selling to me. With cable they don't even PAY for many of them and still charge me for them. Not sure just WHAT I'll do for TV once the contract is up. The signal seems to be pretty much equal with either CTV or cable so I can't even imagine why you'd have reception problems but if you do I sure can't blame you for being dissatisfied. I don't think I'm ready to go back to watching about a dozen channels though, from off the antennae so I'll probably be paying SOMEONE to sell TV to me with commercials.
2007 Rockwood 8314SS Travel Trailer
F-150 HD OR F-250 PSD SCREW (whichever I feel like driving)

skipnchar
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby ButteBumBob on Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:24 pm

I don't know if your T.V. is Digital or not,but you might need this information....http://www.ntia.doc.gov/dtvcoupon/
2004 Crossroads Cruiser 29rk
2004 GMC Sierra, crewcab,SB,4x4,Duramax/Allison
1973 Seeker travel trailer (for the short trips)

ButteBumBob
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread postby Limey on Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:31 pm

Funny how different people have different experiences. I have been with DirecTV for 10 years now and have always had good service and excellent reception/pictre etc - especially with the HDTV package. I love it.
Martyn (aka Limey)

2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 QC CTD 4x4 SLT; 2007 Coachmen Chaparral 267RLS;
Reese 15K Slider; Prodigy; JT Stabilizers; Rotochoks; 2 Honda EU2000i's
2006 Glastron MX175
Limey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Terry on Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:56 pm

ButteBumBob wrote:I don't know if your T.V. is Digital or not,but you might need this information....http://www.ntia.doc.gov/dtvcoupon/

No neither TV is Digital. I did find out. That if you run it thru your digital DVD player. You won't need a converter. If not you will. One of mine does. The other don't. Guess I'll need one for the TT as well.
Bought the antenna last night. Will put it up tomarrow. We really don't watch Tv all that much anyway. But was real upset, and it was the last straw, last sat night, When we were under a tornado watch, and my Tv went blank before the storm even got here. What good is it, if it ain't on when I need it?
Terry and Shay
NC
Lazy campers
Terry
Established Member
Established Member

Unread postby jp rver on Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:41 pm

Limey wrote:Funny how different people have different experiences. I have been with DirecTV for 10 years now and have always had good service and excellent reception/pictre etc - especially with the HDTV package. I love it.

Same here Limey. 9 years of Direct TV for us and hardly any problems. Now my parents have Dish Network, and after seeing some of their issues, I would not get Dish Network. No way.
2005 Forest River Surveyor SV291
1995 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 Reg. Cab 5.9L Magnum 360, timbrens, low miles (77,300) It's old, but it's paid for!!
jp rver
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread postby Filthy Beast on Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:56 am

Another ten year subscriber to Directv with no problems, even after moving half way across the country. Sorry to hear of your troubles.
Goody Two Shoes and the Filthy Beast
2008 Silverado 2500HD
4X4 Extended cab
6.6L Duramax, Allison Trans
2005 Rockwood 8280SS 5er
Filthy Beast

Unread postby Terry on Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:03 pm

Thought I'd tell you about my conversation with DTV. Called to cancel. They really didn't want me to. So here is how to lower your bill. Call, and ask for a CRG tech. They can do stuff reg CS can't. Offered to lower my bill from 57 to 35 with more channels, and a free DVR. Was also going to have a new high performance dish installed. So call them, and threaten to cancel. Bet yours comes down as well.
BTW. I didn't go for it. He also admitted I was done wrong. and this was to make up some for it. But you know. He didn't offer to send the $100.00 sign up bonus I didn't recieve.
Terry and Shay
NC
Lazy campers
Terry
Established Member
Established Member

Unread postby cwit on Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:57 pm

we were with dish for over 10 years , last 2 years of service really stunk switched to direct really like them. They seem to want your business, if you have a problem they can't solve over the phone a teck is there the next day.
cwit

Return to General RV Discussion