Skip to content

Change font size

badmouthing

Generalized RV discussion not covered in another forum - the "Catch All" for RV talk!

Moderator: Zinger

Forum rules
Although RV-forums.org is an easy-going place, we do have a few easy to follow rules. Please read up on them here.

badmouthing

Unread postby Filthy Beast on Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:08 pm

It's really good to see a forum that there are not a lot of people badmouthing peoples choices of rvs. I have been around some of the larger forums, I am sure most of you can guess which ones. There are people that do nothing but badmouth certain manufacturers. They say all they see is problems with these manufacturers but refuse to take into consideration that if a certain manufacturer has 20% of the market share, they should probably have 20% of the problems. I own on of the brands that these people constantly talk down and our problems have been very minimal.

Not all of us can afford a $80,000 rv and the $50,000 truck to pull it. I think the main focus should be that we all enjoy RVing and we should be inclined to help and give advice to those who might be having issue and then we can all get on with the things we enjoy doing.

Just my humble opinion! Keep up the good work and good will.
Goody Two Shoes and the Filthy Beast
2008 Silverado 2500HD
4X4 Extended cab
6.6L Duramax, Allison Trans
2005 Rockwood 8280SS 5er
Filthy Beast

Re: badmouthing

Unread postby Mikey on Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:12 pm

Yep, well we'll see how long that lasts. As more people show up, the greater the concentration of self centered thought. The kind of people who feel that their way, is the only way.

It pops up in religion, towing, politics, camper styles (rigs, towing, popups etc), plumbing, camp sites, blah blah blah.

I agree with you whole hearted that it's nice to see the open mindedness present. I just hope that it remains so.
2008 Amerilite 23bw
Towed by a Silverado 2500 HD.
Other toys:CBR1100XX,EX500 ImageImage

Speed doesn't kill. Your wife finding out you got a ticket, does.
Mikey
Established Member
Established Member

Unread postby Filthy Beast on Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:18 pm

Thanks, hopefully if the members of these groups refuse to justify these types of responses the attitude of the forums will remain helpful and not degrading.
Goody Two Shoes and the Filthy Beast
2008 Silverado 2500HD
4X4 Extended cab
6.6L Duramax, Allison Trans
2005 Rockwood 8280SS 5er
Filthy Beast

Unread postby csham on Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:15 pm

I have been on my trailer manufacturers forum for about a year now and I can only remember one or two that got a bug up their butt about something. As Filthy said, the bigger the manufacturer the more problems they have. The best tactic is to take those that are troublesome and ignore them. If you keep giving them ammunition, they will just keep shooting their mouth off. The one thing that I like on this forum is the friend/foe stuff to ignore people you don't want to hear from.
No matter what level of RV, a 12 volt system is still a 12 volt system and a pump still a pump. On the other forum, I have found much good information (and maybe a few friends) while lurking in other rooms.

Chris, Ruth, and our 3 girls - Samantha, Tara, and Erica
1999 Chevy Silverado Z71
2007 CrossRoads Sunset Trail ST30BH
csham

Unread postby Zinger on Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:25 pm

I think its great that people feel strong enough about this to bring it up with this attitude we shouldnt have problems and letting members know before it gets too far out of hand is also important also.
Have a good one
Greg Morin
2008 Zinger ZT 260 BH

Zinger
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby PrivatePilot on Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:22 pm

Disagreements happen and even I'll admit to getting perturbed at other forums on occasion.

The difference between respectfully disagreeing and debating a topic, and simply "blowing up" is simply issuing a tactful response instead of lowering ones self to name calling, insults, or worse.

I fully expect that we here will eventually see disagreements and such in the forums, but we'll take it in stride when the time comes. As csham mentioned, we do have a Friends/Foes system here that will let you totally eliminate the posts from a member you may find personally problematic. We don't urge everyone to use it as a first response, but often it works well as a last response. ;)
PrivatePilot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby The Wood Tinker on Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:53 pm

Well....to heck with all of you! If that's the way you feel then get lost! Forget it!
Woops....thought I was on the true Dark Side (that other site) for a sec....

I hope if I get out of line someone will same something, if not to me then to PP or Skip
If I see a post going down hill I plan on speaking up. This is much to nice a place to let it go wild.
Jerry & Sharon †
Bindi, Cody and Terra the furry kids
Lake Elsinore, Calif
'08 F250 SD
'08 299BHS Tango
The Wood Tinker

Unread postby graywolf67 on Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:24 pm

Well said , with this attitude we can all relate because of the common bond of love RVing and the great outdoors, lets go RVing :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D
2008 Ford F250 6.4PSD Zinger ZT26RL
graywolf67
Established Member
Established Member

Unread postby Cobra909 on Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:45 am

Great thread here!!! Why should I waste my time typing and your time reading about how great my 5er/truck is, and how much better they are than yours....I already KNOW it! :lol:

Just like all mothers think their babies are the most beautiful things in the world...Yeah, right, still suprised my mother didn't put me out with the puppies!

2 Thumbs up and welcome to the OP.

Now, I hope no one will mind a little friendly ribbing from time to time. :twisted:
Julie & Lynn Hanks
Bailey (Cocker Spaniel)
2007 Dodge 3500 CTD QC 4x4 Laramie
2007 Crossroads Cruiser 30SK
Cobra909

Unread postby The Wood Tinker on Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:52 am

What would a forum be without some good old ribbing! Count me in.... 8-)
Jerry & Sharon †
Bindi, Cody and Terra the furry kids
Lake Elsinore, Calif
'08 F250 SD
'08 299BHS Tango
The Wood Tinker

Unread postby cwit on Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:00 am

I am liking this forum more and more. :D
cwit

Unread postby Carolina Cruiser on Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:38 pm

It does not matter who make whatever it is; something will be wrong with some of them or the people that buy them. I get upset sometimes at things messing up but in the long run unless you see the same happening to a lot of people why make a big deal of it. Get it fixed and move on. My favorite thread to watch is tow vehicles, and how some people complain about this brand or that being junk, when they bought something to small for what they are doing and then complaining because it does not do the job like it's the vehicles fault. I am glad we have not seen much bashing of anything here, even our spousesLOL, and hope it continues.
Carolina Cruiser

Unread postby va_jay55 on Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:42 pm

As I said in another post.... the glass is half full.

Peace and may the Force be with you. :D
Jay, Gay & the Kid Cyd . . Pics. . Gettysburg Rally 5/15-18/08 . . Elk Neck Rally 9/26-28/08
Ford E350 XLT SD . . Prodigy . . Equal-i-zer WDH . . 07 Rockwood Roo 233
va_jay55

Return to General RV Discussion