Skip to content

Change font size

BEWARE Austin RV Rent

Generalized RV discussion not covered in another forum - the "Catch All" for RV talk!

Moderator: Zinger

Forum rules
Although RV-forums.org is an easy-going place, we do have a few easy to follow rules. Please read up on them here.

BEWARE Austin RV Rent

Unread postby Milliniumma on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:58 pm

Do not store your motorhome at Austin RV Rent. I have stored my motorhome all across the U.S. Have never had any problems until Austin RV Rent. Was supposed to have 24 hour surveilance...had motorhome ripped off for over $5,000. Still in court with them to try to recoup my loss. Not to include loss of vacation time returning to motorhome and having so much missing. BEWARE.
Milliniumma

Re: BEWARE Austin RV Rent

Unread postby frank on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:03 am

I am very sorry for the loss of your RV and all the problems that you are going through. I hope everything works out for you. It must be awful
frank

Unread postby Bob Vaughn on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:56 pm

That is why I have never and never will live any place that I cannot keep my rv in my yard where I can keep and eye on it.....
I am not fat just vertically challenged
Bob Vaughn

Unread postby RoyandKaren on Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:25 pm

Most lots have a disclaimer regarding theft. Did you not have a storage policy on the unit that covered such an event?
Theft is a constant problem, I have had the tail gate stolen off my truck and the tow vehicle power cord cut off my trailer. Both were parked in my yard at the time. I suppose the only real deterrent in your situation would be to show identification at the gate and have an armed guard accompany each customer to and from his/her unit.
RoyandKaren

Unread postby frank on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:55 pm

That is why I'm so thankful I look out my back door and there is my fifth and I guess I'm one of the fortunate ones that can do this, my brother-in-law has a leave his about 5 miles from his home
frank

Return to General RV Discussion