Skip to content

Change font size

yeeehawwww

Generalized RV discussion not covered in another forum - the "Catch All" for RV talk!

Moderator: Zinger

Forum rules
Although RV-forums.org is an easy-going place, we do have a few easy to follow rules. Please read up on them here.

yeeehawwww

Unread postby cougarlover on Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:00 pm

We went camping this past weekend. We left on Friday after work and didnt come home until late afternoon on Sunday. I am so glad to get the first trip of the season out of my system. We had tons of fun. We just took the kids. We left the dogs home with grandma. Not having to get up at the crack of dawn to take them outside was nice!

Next trip will porbably be the last weekend of the month. dh and I are going to spend our anniversary weekend camping by the ocean semi alone. Need to take our little one with us since she is only 3 months old. Will be nice to get some alone time with her as well.

Now maybe I can think of something else besides camping/rving lol I have been driving dh insane. Might even get to plant our garden this weekend. Had the planter boxes done since last year :)

*** sending all of the mid west some of our California sun****

Nan
Nancy wife to Rob and mom to 3 beautiful girls
2 fur pals 4 year old Shih Tzu Dexter and recently adopted 1 year old Boxer Shreder

2007 Keystone Cougar BHS
2001 GMC Yukon XL 2500
cougarlover

Re: yeeehawwww

Unread postby PrivatePilot on Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:21 pm

Must be nice. I was over at our TT's storage location last weekend and there was still a good cover of snow on the ground.

The rain we received in the last 24 hours as well as todays very warm temperatures will probably have taken care of the remaining snow, but will have turned the entire area into a mudpuddle disguised by a layer of winter-worn grass on top. ;-)

At this point I'm really hoping that I'm going to be able to get it out by the beginning of May so that it's ready to go for our first planned trip.
PrivatePilot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby skipnchar on Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:23 pm

cougarlover wrote:*** sending all of the mid west some of our California sun****

Nan

Much obliged we can use it :D
2007 Rockwood 8314SS Travel Trailer
F-150 HD OR F-250 PSD SCREW (whichever I feel like driving)

skipnchar
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby BAJA X on Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:54 pm

Please do , we got around 6'' to 7'' of snow yesterday and last nite so some sun with warm temps and even a little rain would be nice right now. Its a good 5 weeks b-4 we will be able to go no campgrounds are open until May 1st around here.
2008 F-350 V-10 Crew Cab Lariat S/Duty 4X4
2008 XT30SB CrossRoads CrossForce
2004 DS650 Baja x
2004 Outlander 400XT
1989 H.D. Springer Softail
BAJA X

Unread postby graywolf67 on Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:02 pm

As I always say God bless Texas , there is no end or beginning, even when we think it is cold and we are bundled up its in the 50's, ah well y'all are welcome to move tons of space out here for Ya. :mrgreen:
2008 Ford F250 6.4PSD Zinger ZT26RL
graywolf67
Established Member
Established Member

Unread postby jp rver on Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:22 pm

skipnchar wrote:
cougarlover wrote:*** sending all of the mid west some of our California sun****

Nan

Much obliged we can use it :D

Ain't it the truth!!! :D

I saw on the news today that March of 2008 just went down as the rainiest March on record in St Louis. Over 8 inches of precip for the month of March, some as snow, most as rain. I am about an hour south of StL, and we likely had even more liquid precip than they did for the month because one storm brought us about 6 inches of rain by itself.

Yes, we could definately use some of that California sun for the next couple weeks!
2005 Forest River Surveyor SV291
1995 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 Reg. Cab 5.9L Magnum 360, timbrens, low miles (77,300) It's old, but it's paid for!!
jp rver
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread postby ReedMan on Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:48 am

I think that I'll uncover the rv this weekend. Looks like our last freeze is over.

Congratulations on the good trip!

Bones
ReedMan, Wife, 3 Kids
TT - 2002 Flagstaff 25LB (Triple Bunks!)
TV - 2001 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3/3.73 Stepside
ReedMan

Unread postby JQSpree on Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:00 am

Nan

So did you go to Lake Solano or find somewhere else? You abandoned your destination post so wasn't sure if you went. We were thinking about it for last weekend but decided on Collins Lake out of Marysville and Grass Valley instead. Might still do Lake Solano in April.
John and Darlene
2007 Chev Silverado 1500,5.3,w/3.73
2008 KZ Spree 260FL
JQSpree
Established Member
Established Member

Unread postby cougarlover on Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:09 pm

yep went to Lake Solano. It was pretty cold on sunday morning. got to try out the heater. Saturday was overcast but still nice. Had lots of fun with teaching 2 of our girls to ride 2 wheelers with training wheels. That was a big mile stone for us. How was Lake collins? Any pictures? We have family in Penn Valley which is just above Grass Valley. Sounds like some place we would like to try out.
Nancy wife to Rob and mom to 3 beautiful girls
2 fur pals 4 year old Shih Tzu Dexter and recently adopted 1 year old Boxer Shreder

2007 Keystone Cougar BHS
2001 GMC Yukon XL 2500
cougarlover

Return to General RV Discussion