Skip to content

Change font size

My Trailer History

Generalized RV discussion not covered in another forum - the "Catch All" for RV talk!

Moderator: Zinger

Forum rules
Although RV-forums.org is an easy-going place, we do have a few easy to follow rules. Please read up on them here.

My Trailer History

Unread postby pwall on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:23 pm

In the effort to get my post count up…….just kidding. ;)
Thought I would share my trailering history with you all. I've been around the RV lifestyle all my life. Growing up, we camped every summer. My family started with a tent trailer, but with eight of us, quickly out-grew it. Moved up to several types of travel trailers thru-out the years.

For myself (& my family), we have owned a total of three trailers over the past 12 years.
1. 1976 Bonair 1200 Tent Trailer - purchased in the spring of 1997, needed to see if my spouse would like camping as she never camped growing up. She enjoyed it so we decided to sell the trailer and purchase something newer.
Bonair1200-2.jpg
1976 Bonair 1200

2. 1999 Trail Lite 8300 - purchased new in 1999. This trailer, although 30ft in lenth, only weighted 4500lbs. Slept 9, which was perfect for us as we are a family of 8.
Sold that trailer in the fall of 2003 to try cottage life.
Trailer-06.jpg
1999 Trail Lite 8300

3. 2002 Keystone Sprinter 249RKS - purchsaed in March 2006 after 3 years of cottage life that didn't agree with me. This trailer is shorter than the Trail Lite, but has a slide, thus offering more usable space. This is my current trailer and is satisfying the need until my finance advisor gives me the go-ahead to get a 5th wheel.
Sprinter 249RKS floorplan.gif
2002 Keystone Sprinter 249RKS Floor-plan

img255_3824.jpg
2002 Keystone Sprinter 249RKS
Patrick.
pwall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: My Trailer History

Unread postby Ontariofarmer on Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:55 pm

For us there have been many hardtops thru-out the past 25 years.
When I was growing up, we never did much camping....did some cottaging though.

When we got married, we bought the first hardtop. A very well used 12ft starcraft (money was real tight but we wanted to camp). there have been at least 10 since.

We did without a trailer for a couple years, then bought a 5er last fall. (the one that's in my sig) I remember walking around in the different campgrounds and my wife and I saying to each other that we would NEVER own one of those. NEVER say NEVER :lol:

The 5er just suits us in the stage of life that we are in.

We already have our next 5er picked out.....a Cougar 326MKS. It's gonna be a few years though, but it's nice to have a dream :)

2003 Ford F250 Super Duty King Ranch
4X4
Quad cab
Triton 6.8l V10

2003 25' Jayco Qwest
Ontariofarmer
Established Member
Established Member

Return to General RV Discussion