Skip to content

Change font size

August Long Weekend

Generalized RV discussion not covered in another forum - the "Catch All" for RV talk!

Moderator: Zinger

Forum rules
Although RV-forums.org is an easy-going place, we do have a few easy to follow rules. Please read up on them here.

August Long Weekend

Unread postby pwall on Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:13 am

For those of us up North, this coming weekend (July 30-Aug 2) is a long weekend due to a Civic Holiday on Aug 2. :)
So, for me, that means heading out to the park.
We're heading to Fitzroy Harbour Provincial Park right after work on Friday and staying until Monday afternoon.
As long as I don't forget my camera this weekend (like last trip), I'll post a few pictures.

Anyone else have plans ?
Patrick.
pwall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: August Long Weekend

Unread postby Ontariofarmer on Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:33 am

Since I have chickens in the barns, I'm home for the weekend. Doesn't mean we loose out though. We are having a bunch of friends boondock here for the weekend.
Should be a GREAT time, so long as the weather is good :)

2003 Ford F250 Super Duty King Ranch
4X4
Quad cab
Triton 6.8l V10

2003 25' Jayco Qwest
Ontariofarmer
Established Member
Established Member

Unread postby imollison on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:04 pm

We are planning a tenting weekend at Charleston Lake Provincal Park with the kids and several other scouting families.....will miss the 5th wheel trailer and all the extras that it has, but, this is a good way to teach the kids about the basics of camping. Will be fun as we are going to work on a few cub badges with the kids too. :D
2009 Denali 5th Wheel 28"LBBS

2008 GMC 2500 HD CC
imollison

Unread postby Mike in Calgary on Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:14 pm

Finally, its the start of our holidays. We've got 2 nights at Mount Kidd in Kananaskis Country, then we head up to Jasper National Park for 3 nights. After that, its over to Clearwater in BC, followed by Kamloops, Salmon Arm (Shuswap Lake), Revelstoke and then home. Some very good friends of ours are coming along with their trailer, so it should be a great time.
There is no such thing as a bad day camping.
Mike in Calgary
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread postby pwall on Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:10 am

It was a fantastic weekend (long weekend too) at Fitzroy Provincial Park (Eastern Ontario). Not a drop of rain.
Sunny everyday, and cool in the evenings.
Lit the campfire on Friday night, didn't really go out until Monday morning. :)
Here are a few pictures. The site we were in is my favorite in this park, although it has a fair bit of sand. Our little Shitzu-Poodle mix (Shih-poo) was just a mess by Monday.
Attachments
img255_3959.jpg
img255_3824.jpg
img255_3814.jpg
img255_3811.jpg
Patrick.
pwall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby imollison on Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:14 am

As with most of you, it was a great long weekend with family and friends......the parks was nice, lots of space between sites.....(must bring bikes next time), BUT the campground ran out of firewood a week before the weekend started and the supplier did not bring any to resupply them. A lot of people were not impressed about that.....was a 15 minute drive to the nearest store that sold wood and it was cut up spruce 2x4, 1x4 and 2x6. Wood was dry, but did not last very long.....now to plan the Sept long weekend. :)
2009 Denali 5th Wheel 28"LBBS

2008 GMC 2500 HD CC
imollison

Return to General RV Discussion