Skip to content

Change font size

Season so far?

Generalized RV discussion not covered in another forum - the "Catch All" for RV talk!

Moderator: Zinger

Forum rules
Although RV-forums.org is an easy-going place, we do have a few easy to follow rules. Please read up on them here.

Season so far?

Unread postby mikhen on Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:49 pm

So how is everyone's camping season so far? Our's is slow, with only 3 trips so far. Mainly due to work schedules. We have a trip at the end of July, and hope to sneak 1 in next weekend. I'm working late on Friday's and driving 2-3 hours to get home. I thought about having the wife drive the RV to a CG, and we'll setup when I get there. Any suggestions on how to handle this?

Anyway, our season gets much better after T day... Disney for 2 weeks. Fort W
2005 Forest River Sunseeker 3100 qbs

The MOST free camping giveaways in Pa....
http://www.campingpa.com

Our Camping in Pa Webpage
http://www.campinginpa.weebly.com
mikhen

Re: Season so far?

Unread postby pwall on Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:18 pm

Not including the 3 scout camps I was at in May/June, I've been out twice with the family.
Heading out for the weekend of July 16, then the long weekend in August (Aug 2 is a holiday).
Then....it's off to Newfoundland on August 13th for 2 weeks.....can't wait! :)
So overall, a fair amount of 'park' time for me. But always room for more. ;)
Patrick.
pwall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby bert64 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:33 am

Been doing week-end trips close by. Working loads of hours as of late. Just have the wife get it all ready for us and grab a quick shower and leave as soon as i get home.
The fastest we have left yet was 5 mins after I got home.

Found lots of near by places that we didnt know of. Sometimes it's nice to be close to home but away.

Wish I could get the wife to drive to a location and do the set up but she said NO WAY. :lol:

Had a couple of 3 day and one 4 day week-end this year, mostly 2 day trips ( 6 so far )

2001 Winnebago Brave 32'
1999 Jeep TJ- Toad
YL285 Zodiac w/4 h.p Mercury
Me, Da-Wife, Da-Kids and a dog.
bert64

Unread postby thebadliz on Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:31 pm

Just the holiday weekends (Memorial and 4th of July) so far. At least the weather is cooperating - overly so. This weekend it was HOT!! :oops: <- He's not embarrassed, he's sweltering!

Our escape weekend campground in Monroe, Michigan has changed a bit. We were camped next to a very old, not so well maintained camper, with a refrigerator on a pallete outside the door. What the? Nice enough people, down on their luck in the Michigan economy, but still... Another camper was attempting to quiet his german shepard by punching it in the head. He stopped short of hitting this dog when he saw the words come out of my mouth "What the....did you see that?" - Yes, mister-in-tent-site-12...I would have called about animal abuse...

Needless to say, hubby and I are on the lookout for another 30-45 minute from home, not on a major expressway get-away spot.

Even with that, we had a great weekend, because still it's a weekend away (even with the WI-FI and Hulu to watch the world cup), hot, sunny and not working!!
Liz - the Bad Liz
http://www.thebadliz.blogspot.com
"If I wanted to hear the pitter patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on my dogs."
thebadliz

Unread postby catmom on Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:54 pm

So far, so good. We recently got back from a 3-week trip (shortened from the originally planned 5 weeks) to parts of New England and the northeast. Weather varied from rainy to hot & muggy, campgrounds varied from decent to delightful, and we enjoyed a lot of time sightseeing, and reconnecting with old friends & ancestors. Upcoming plans are somewhat fluid, but we do hope to have at least one other trip of a similar duration later in the summer.
2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 CrewMax 5.7L w/ tow pkg
2008 Flagstaff 831RLSS
catmom

Return to General RV Discussion