Skip to content

Change font size

A book suggestion?

Generalized RV discussion not covered in another forum - the "Catch All" for RV talk!

Moderator: Zinger

Forum rules
Although RV-forums.org is an easy-going place, we do have a few easy to follow rules. Please read up on them here.

A book suggestion?

Unread postby Ratherbhoteling on Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:35 pm

Maybe I should look at getting this for Pilot ???

RV Having Fun Yet? : Comic Adventures in a Recreation Vehicle
by Ray Parker

Book Description: RV Having Fun Yet? is the hilarious account of an Hollywood television comedy writer who drags his reluctant wife on an 18-month adventure in a 35-foot motor home. Ray will keep you in stitches as he enlightens you to basic survival in a recreational vehicle. You'l cry with laughter was you cover such topics as: How I Dragged My Wife Kicking and Screaming Into a Motorhome: Persuading a woman who loves her nest in suburbia to go adventuring in a home on wheels. The Write Stuff: Answering letters from baffled RVers on warming up cold husbands, overweight mates, snoring, and what to do about a scandalous young woman who shocks an RV park by leaving her shades up at bedtime A Dog's Life in an RV: Charles, the amorous French poodle, tells of meeting Fifi, the love of his life, and his other adventures on the road. Heading for the Showers: If the Lord wanted us to use coin-operated showers, how come He didn't equipped our birthday suits with change pockets? The Alaskan Air Force: Battling Alaska's awesome moose-chasing mosquitoes, which attack in swarms with needles big enough to do acupuncture Checklist for Survival: Hard-won tips on motorhoming, such as, "Never go over a speed bump without making sure there is no one in the commode."

From the Back Cover: Art Linkletter says - "Years ago I became famous for spontaneous humor and it's high time that I acknowledge my thanks to Ray Parker for writing some of my best ad-libs. His sense of the absurb was unfailing because his mind interprets every thing he sees on the bias. While everyone else watches life as it actually happens, Ray looks as it through the prism of the outrageous and absurd. You'll chuckle over this book if you've never even stepped into an RV. If you're an old hand at cross-country travel, you'll howl at the chapter on RV Park showers. My own favorite is the story of how Ray dragged his wife out of a comfortable, setteld home, and kicking and screaming, into the life of a perpatetic gypsy."

Paperback (October 1994)
Oldfield Publishing Company; ISBN: 0964092409

List Price: $12.95
Web Price: $12.95

Availability: On Order; usually ships within 1-2 weeks.
Ratherbhoteling

Re: A book suggestion?

Unread postby skipnchar on Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:55 pm

I may get one for myself. Sounds like good reading...or maybe it'd be just preaching to the quire :D
2007 Rockwood 8314SS Travel Trailer
F-150 HD OR F-250 PSD SCREW (whichever I feel like driving)

skipnchar
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: A book suggestion?

Unread postby Rough2000 on Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:36 pm

I can see that Pilot really has his work cut out for him . :lol:
2006 Dodge Mega Cab w/ Cummins
"Real Trucks don't have Spark Plugs"
2009 Jayco Designer 34RLQS
What you said, what you thought you said and what I thought you said are THREE different things.
Rough2000
Established Member
Established Member

Return to General RV Discussion