Skip to content

Change font size

Lots of Questions!

Generalized RV discussion not covered in another forum - the "Catch All" for RV talk!

Moderator: Zinger

Forum rules
Although RV-forums.org is an easy-going place, we do have a few easy to follow rules. Please read up on them here.

Lots of Questions!

Unread postby JQSpree on Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:02 pm

As new rv'ers, first time trailer owners, long time campers, we will have lots of questions to be answered. So anyone who has lots of knowledge about western states campgrounds, sites, generators, electricity and amp questions, learning to dry camp, and planning trip to Yellowstone next summer (2009). So anyone who wants to jump in on any of these, let me know. Then you won't have to talk to yourself.

Are people on here using their handle from Rv.net? or trying a new start?

Is Private Pilot going to share any info, like where from?
John and Darlene
2007 Chev Silverado 1500,5.3,w/3.73
2008 KZ Spree 260FL
JQSpree
Established Member
Established Member

Re: Lots of Questions!

Unread postby PrivatePilot on Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:02 am

Hey Guys;

Wasn't expecting to see any action here, actually...haven't done much so far as advertising goes while I sit back and see what happens with the performance issues at the 'other place'. ;-)

Where am I from? Courtice, Ontario. Since nobody knows where that is, it's more or less a burb of Oshawa Ontario. For those who don't know where that is (Oshawa might ring a bell for those familiar with the auto industry, but otherwise it's pretty obscure) I'm about 20 minutes east of the Toronto area.

What's our plans for this summer? Well, our main trip is a 1-month adventure to the west coast. We're departing on or around the second week of June, and will be on the road for about 31 days or so. Stops will include various points while heading westward across Canada (with points in the rockies being the highlight) and then a 5 to 7 day stop in Vancouver once there.

On the way home we have several days planned in Yellowstone, and are still looking for other must-see stops along I90E aside from a few things we have planned.

Of course we'll be taking plenty of our usual weekend getaways with one already in the works for the second week of May, which is about the earliest most people around this neck of the woods officially get started with camping.

So, as for the forum...please feel free to spread the word. I don't want to spam the place, but getting the word out tactfully when it seems appropriate or warranted is great. Word can spread fast between people if they like what they see....this is intended first and foremost to be a forum without any ties to any other website, portals, advertisers, or anything of the sort. I believe I have the infrastructure behind the scenes to support things initially, and if things explode I have the option of scaling upwards as necessary on fairly short notice thanks to a great web host.

Let's see what happens. :)
PrivatePilot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby skipnchar on Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:48 pm

I'll be using my same old handle as on RV.NET because as you get older the memory doesn't always perform well and that way i don't have to remember which forum I'm on LOL. Ask any questions you may want and I'm sure someone will do their best to answer them. If nobody who KNOWS anything responds, I'll just make something up LOL Welcome to the forum / Skip
2007 Rockwood 8314SS Travel Trailer
F-150 HD OR F-250 PSD SCREW (whichever I feel like driving)

skipnchar
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby mikhen on Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:12 pm

I'm also using the same handle as RV.net. As for your other questions, I think that whatever you post, someone will be able to give you good advice.
2005 Forest River Sunseeker 3100 qbs

The MOST free camping giveaways in Pa....
http://www.campingpa.com

Our Camping in Pa Webpage
http://www.campinginpa.weebly.com
mikhen

Unread postby JQSpree on Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:41 pm

I don't know what I have on RV.net. I will have to go look. Just JQ I think. The one I have here is what I used on my new Goin KZ board. I'm not real orignial. Nice to hear from everyone. I don't recognize that many names as I usually don't pay much attention unless I am replying, but I do recognize a couple avatars? I will have to learn how to make one up.
John and Darlene
2007 Chev Silverado 1500,5.3,w/3.73
2008 KZ Spree 260FL
JQSpree
Established Member
Established Member

Unread postby cougarlover on Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:07 pm

I think I am mom2jandb on rv.net. That is my normal one. Since I had a baby recently the name doesnt look right adding her. I dont post much over there. I do more reading then anything. Last time I posted something some guy posted like he got up on the wrong side of the bed. Several people commented back to him on my behave. That was pretty nice of them.
nan
Nancy wife to Rob and mom to 3 beautiful girls
2 fur pals 4 year old Shih Tzu Dexter and recently adopted 1 year old Boxer Shreder

2007 Keystone Cougar BHS
2001 GMC Yukon XL 2500
cougarlover

Return to General RV Discussion