Skip to content

Change font size

4 days in Kingston

Generalized RV discussion not covered in another forum - the "Catch All" for RV talk!

Moderator: Zinger

Forum rules
Although RV-forums.org is an easy-going place, we do have a few easy to follow rules. Please read up on them here.

4 days in Kingston

Unread postby Big Rig Guy on Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:16 pm

Just got back Sunday, went to the rally for the Mobile Suite guys. 9 rigs altogether, myself and one other non Mobile Suites. what a good time and what a good bunch of people. Potluck dinner, campfires nightly, and generally a bunch of people yakking about their rigs. Had three heavy trucks there too, a couple of Volvos, one being my buddy and a Kenworth.

Took a couple of tours in Kingston, what a clean city, nice people. Stayed at Rideau Acres on Hwy 15 just north of the city. We were out in a rally field, so no trees to block the sun, and she was hot too. Water and 30 amp hydro, dump station on the way out.

First major trip with my rig, averaged 11.83 mpg and thats a Cdn gallon. Impressed with that. Truck needs to loose the extra fuel tanks and steel deck, that will save me about 1000 pounds and I figure thats what I need now that I am pulling a heavier trlr with more pin weight. So a little project for this winter.

Should be heading up north here in a couple of days.

Pics coming
There's a method to the madness, disturb the method and the madness begins.
Big Rig Guy
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Re: 4 days in Kingston

Unread postby Little Kopit on Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:25 pm

Pics please, yep, pics
!!!!

:)
& I, I took the road less travelled by

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

Little Kopit
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby Limey on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:34 pm

Jamaica?! How did you get the rigs over there? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Martyn (aka Limey)

2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 QC CTD 4x4 SLT; 2007 Coachmen Chaparral 267RLS;
Reese 15K Slider; Prodigy; JT Stabilizers; Rotochoks; 2 Honda EU2000i's
2006 Glastron MX175
Limey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Fire Instructor on Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:55 pm

We did two day-trips to Kingston while on a recent vacation to 1000 Islands. What a beautiful, historic city! Very much enjoyed our visit, and I'd like to go back. The night ceremony and pagentry at the fort was great, and we also found a very friendly, quaint brew pub downtow.
Fire Instructor

2004 Dodge 1500 4dr 4x4
2009 Rockwood 2607
300 Watts of SunTech Solar Panels
Rogue MPT-3024 Controller

Fire Instructor
Established Member
Established Member

Unread postby Big Rig Guy on Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:26 pm

I was impressed with Kingston, a very alive downtown core. Did the Kingston Prison tour, was looking for info from the 1940's as my dad was a resident there.

People were very nice, compared to the hustle and bustle of Toronto and the attitudes. I can see why alot of people like living there.

Another thing I noticed, was no for rent for lease and for sale signs, I see a ton of them in our area due to the recession, oops sorry thats over now, lets say pre depression lol.
There's a method to the madness, disturb the method and the madness begins.
Big Rig Guy
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Return to General RV Discussion