Skip to content

Change font size

Where will we sleep?

Generalized RV discussion not covered in another forum - the "Catch All" for RV talk!

Moderator: Zinger

Forum rules
Although RV-forums.org is an easy-going place, we do have a few easy to follow rules. Please read up on them here.

Where will we sleep?

Unread postby timtune on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:57 pm

My wife and I are looking to buy a small (21ftish) used class C motorhome. Our plan is to tow our motorcycle in a small enclosed trailer and then live in the camper for a 1-3 weeks at a time while we ride, and explore the local roads. We in our mid-50's and both in good health.

We have been looking at campers with a permanent bed in the back vs one where the table needs to drop down to create a sleeping area. We don't want to have to turn our bed into a table and our table into a bed every day.

So far we have assumed we won't be interested in sleeping in the bed up front over the "cockpit". Less head room & the need to climb up there we figured it was really just for kids.

Now I'm having second thoughts. Wondering if that's a perfectly legitimate place for 2 adults to sleep. If so it really opens up many options we could consider.

Lastly, if pulling a small trailer will we need a dually?
timtune

Re: Where will we sleep?

Unread postby RonJK on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:24 pm

Welcome to the forum.

A 21 foot Class C does not have a lot of options for sleeping without modifying either table or couch if it has one.
I have seen 23' with a bed that is permanent at the rear of the coach.
We had a 26' with a bed in the rear.
The overhead beds leave a lot to be desired for two adults.
A dually is more stable regardless of weather you are towing or not.

Sounds like a great combination, the RV and the motorcycle.

Hope all your travels are safe and happy.
RonJK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Where will we sleep?

Unread postby garyking on Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:37 am

There are many organizations which provide the new and pre-owned Custom Sprinters for sale. The biggest advantage of these vans is that they can easily be customized into the totally different vehicle. If you are looking to stay and sleep in this vehicle then you can do it easily without any big effort. You can consult the organization owners and they will get the job done in the least amount of time.
garyking

Return to General RV Discussion