Skip to content

Change font size

New tow vehicle...maybe

Tow vehicles - discuss, debate, and assistance.

New tow vehicle...maybe

Unread postby skipnchar on Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:39 pm

DW and I have been discussing the problem (some might call it arguing). She thinks it's time for a new truck. So where's the argument you may ask? She wants another F-150 just like the one we have. I LOVE the truck and couldn't POSSIBLY find anything that performed batter since we've towed over 75,000 miles with the truck and it's NEVER needed a repair of any kind (I don't count the brake pads at 83,000 miles). I keep telling here that we're working the truck pretty hard as our travel weight is over 14,000 lbs. so we REALLY should be looking at a bigger truck (I'm thinking a V-10 because I'm really not into paying those outlandish prices for diesel fuel).

I can't argue with HER logic so why is DW having such a hard time seeing MY point :D Well, nothing too eminent but I guess the GOOD news is that if she wins I won't even need to change my photo in my signature :D
2007 Rockwood 8314SS Travel Trailer
F-150 HD OR F-250 PSD SCREW (whichever I feel like driving)

skipnchar
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: New tow vehicle...maybe

Unread postby va_jay55 on Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:44 pm

With the weight you're pulling, I would agree with you on the larger TV. I like having that extra when it comes to this. Probably because of the business I was in years ago. Television and live stage production made me love the words "overhead", "extra" and "spare". Your current F-150 has performed well, but, the weight and mileage has to be taking a toll. New is good. New and bigger is better. A good friend, who got me into the RV thing, tows with an F-250 V10. His trailer is probably 12,000 lbs and he packs the rear bed front to back and floor to ceiling of cap with gear. He says he never feels the weight or the trailer. I've been told my van is capable of 10,000 lbs even though most of the brochures state 6900 lbs. A few locals around here use them for their car carriers which weigh in at more than that. I was happy to hear it. If we do wish to upgrade, I know I can get something around 6500 lbs and feel confident the van can handle it. That is why I was so happy when the darn thing literally fell into our laps.

I still look longingly at F-250s. Saw one the other day at a local dealership. A 2006, toreador red with the Arizona sand color trim on the bottom. Very nice looking truck. I drooled a little. LOL
Jay, Gay & the Kid Cyd . . Pics. . Gettysburg Rally 5/15-18/08 . . Elk Neck Rally 9/26-28/08
Ford E350 XLT SD . . Prodigy . . Equal-i-zer WDH . . 07 Rockwood Roo 233
va_jay55

Unread postby BAJA X on Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:35 pm

Skip; you wont regret getting the new v-10 3 valve with 4.10 gears they are a pulling monster, Ive been happy with my 02 was going to trade it off for a new one but really dont want payments again.
Attachments
new_camper_on_labor_day_weekend_at_briarwood_001_Small_.jpg
Last edited by BAJA X on Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2008 F-350 V-10 Crew Cab Lariat S/Duty 4X4
2008 XT30SB CrossRoads CrossForce
2004 DS650 Baja x
2004 Outlander 400XT
1989 H.D. Springer Softail
BAJA X

Unread postby PrivatePilot on Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:38 pm

What kind of milage would you expect with the V10? Given the amount of miles you run on yearly basis, Skip, wouldn't a diesel still payoff well for you given the much higher MPG, even considering the higher fuel costs?
PrivatePilot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby jp rver on Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:53 pm

For someone like me who puts less than 10,000 miles a year on a truck, I would say go for the v10. However, In your case Skip, diesel may be the better option given the number of miles per year you travel, even with the outrageous diesel fuel prices. Of course you will have the higher initial cost and the slightly higher maintenance costs associated with a diesel engine, but it may be your better option. You will need to study the mpg figures for the v10 and diesel very closely to determine how many miles, and how long it will take you to break even.

But I do honestly believe you should look at the 250 or larger trucks. Even though your truck has obviously done a great job, you will likely be surprised how much better a larger truck will do. I am for sure not a member of the "weight police", but 14000lbs of gross weight is quite a bit for a 1/2 ton, even a heavy half like yours. If I were in your shoes, and money wasn't a problem, I would look at the 250s.JMHO.
2005 Forest River Surveyor SV291
1995 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 Reg. Cab 5.9L Magnum 360, timbrens, low miles (77,300) It's old, but it's paid for!!
jp rver
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread postby The Wood Tinker on Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:03 am

The difference is amazing....test drive one. Better yet test tow one ;)
Jerry & Sharon †
Bindi, Cody and Terra the furry kids
Lake Elsinore, Calif
'08 F250 SD
'08 299BHS Tango
The Wood Tinker

Unread postby fla-gypsy on Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:58 pm

Skip I think you should do the V10 in an F250. That is the way I am leaning right now. I plan on keeping it cheap by getting an XL with only the options I want, using Xplan and getting in on the 4k rebate they are offerring. I can get out with a crew cab, 6.8L w/4.10 and all towing options and a few modern conveiences for 26,634.91 + T,T,&T. Had Ford dealer already work out the numbers. Only thing left is to decide on color and tell him to do it.
2006 Keystone Hornet 29RLS
09 F-250 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L
http://community.webshots.com/user/flagypsy57
St Andrews State Park cult member
fla-gypsy

Unread postby skipnchar on Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:16 pm

WOW that sounds like the same truck I'm looking at right now ALSO with the X plan. I've added a FEW more creature comforts though but not many. The only draw back is that the 250 won't fit my tonneau cover and if I replaced the 150 with another I could just swap it out and THAT;s a grand right there. Oh well that extra power would be nice in the high country for sure. I haven't ruled out the Diesel yet but I MAY have just won ONE battle with DW about the 250 and not sure how far to push my luck :D She'd DEAD set against diesel since one of our traveling companions has one and when we're behind we have to smell it. I try to tell her they're not all like that and even THEIRS isn't ALWAYS using exhaust brake going down a steep grade (and my buddies 7.3 REALLY gases us out under those conditions) :D

skipnchar
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby fla-gypsy on Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:39 pm

The dealer told me today that the window to have one built is closing quickly (retooling for 2009) and some colors were already not available. I will probably place the order this week. This truck will actually be cheaper than my current 2005 XLT with the 5.4/3.73 rear and have way more capability. I am currently towing a 10k GVWR trailer at about 8k and the truck does admirably, but I want a little more power when I start climbing up hills. These are the options I was going for

Base Price: $26,380.00

Packages:
o Power Equipment Group $705.00
o TowCommand System $450.00
o XL Décor Group $175.00

Power:
o 6.8L 3-Valve SOHC EFI Triton® V10 Engine $600.00
o TorqShift® 5-Speed Automatic Transmission w/Overdrive w/Tow/Haul Mode $1,490.00
o 4.10 Limited Slip Axle Ratio no charge
o Payload Package #1b no charge

Exterior:
Dark Blue Pearl Clearcoat Metallic

o 17" Argent Painted Steel Wheels w/Painted Hub Covers/Center Ornaments (5) no charge
o LT245/75Rx17E BSW A/S (5) no charge

Interior:
Med. Stone

o Heavy-Duty Vinyl Bucket Seat (Incl. Floor Console w/Cupholders and Storage Bins) $355.00
o Premium Electronic AM/FM Stereo/Single CD/MP3 Player/Clock with 4 Speakers (Incl. Aux Audio Input Jack) $275.00

Options:

o SecuriLock® Anti-Theft Ignition $75.00
o Manual Telescoping Trailer Tow Mirrors w/Power Heated Glass & Integrated Clearance Lamps/Turn Signals no charge
o TowCommand Integrated Trailer Brake Controller no charge
o Manual Air Conditioning $850.00
o Cruise Control $235.00
o Tilt Steering Wheel $150.00
fla-gypsy

Unread postby The Wood Tinker on Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:08 pm

Man....$31,740 for an XL model. It is getting wild with the new prices, add the smoker and you are over 40K

I bought my XL used, it had 9K miles on it and I guess the guy that bought really didn't like the lack of creature comforts and traded it in. I got it for 23K.
5.4L V8
4.10 rear end
HD tow package, rated at 11K towing
manual air
manual windows
no tilt wheel

I was hesitant about the 5.4L but it tows like a champ @ 11mpg to boot. My F150 towing my first 17' TT only 13mpg.
Jerry & Sharon †
Lake Elsinore, Calif
'08 F250 SD
'08 299BHS Tango
The Wood Tinker

Unread postby skipnchar on Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:35 pm

fla-gypsy you're not going to believe this but other than the color that is the IDENTICAL truck I'm looking at. Mine is white :D

skipnchar
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby fla-gypsy on Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:02 pm

skipnchar wrote:fla-gypsy you're not going to believe this but other than the color that is the IDENTICAL truck I'm looking at. Mine is white :D

I believe it, great minds think alike. I may go with red, gray is no longer available, but the blue looks good too. I didn't like the look of the blacked out grill and bumper with the white. I am trying to get the DW to pick the color to keep me out of trouble. I expect to get out the door for about 27,500
fla-gypsy

Unread postby Mike in Calgary on Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:22 pm

SKip

I noticed that you are a Ford fan, and that's OK because its largely incurable. That being said, have you considered other manufacturers? What about a GM with a 6 litre and 4.10's? Probably a great TV in a heavy 1/2 ton. Or what about the new Toyota Tundra with its 5.7 litre i-force? Toyota's claiming 10000# tow capacity. They are a very pricey truck though.
A friend of ours used to have a Yukon XL 2500 with GM's 8.1 litre and he towed a Cougar 31' bunk house. The GVW on the trailer was over 12000#. He had no problem pulling it until the whole rig got knocked on its side by a sudden gust of wind.
If my wife told me that it was time for a new truck, I wouldn't be able to get to the lot fast enough. I'm partial to GM myself, but I would definitely look at what the others had to offer.
There is no such thing as a bad day camping.
Mike in Calgary
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread postby skipnchar on Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:20 am

Actually I have looked and considered both GM, Toyota and Dodge as a replacement but they DO have a couple of strikes against them (in my own mind) before they start. Having driven Fords as tow vehicles for the last 180,000 miles (2 trucks) and not ONCE needing to do a repair on them it's hard to move to another brand (even though I realize there are probably lots of owners having similar success with them). Also costs are generally higher for either of those brands for a vehicle with similar capabilities. Looking at the 6.0 GM engines I don't see much gain there since the new 6.0 has improved HP but about the same torque figures as the 5.4 engine. Pretty much the same thing with Dodge and Toyota. Lots of HP gains but very similar torque figures. Toyota still has a problem (in my opinion) of not selling a truck with the tow package AND the payload package together. According to their web site anyway, you can order either option but NOT both of them and I'd need both for my trailer. All great trucks I'm sure but just not a fit for me at this time.

I could see myself with either a GM OR a Dodge Diesel but my preference would be to NOT go to a diesel. The Ford V-10 seems to be in a nitch of it's own right now as far as big block gassers are concerned.

Actually in my own case I may be winning this argument anyway and MAY decide to just stand pat and throw a few bucks at the F-150 (new muffler and set of shocks and complete it's 100,000 miles tune up) and keep on keeping on. Gas prices are getting so high I'll probably not be traveling as many miles this year anyway and I really don't see prices EVER coming down again. Kind of hard to see myself investing that much in a new truck then not being able to travel anywhere other than within a 1,000 miles from home anyway.

Decisions / Decisions. It's one of those things where there really isn't any good answer until someone comes out with a 25 MPG vehicle while towing a 10,000 lb RV. I'd sure take suggestions for any of THOSE models :mrgreen:

skipnchar
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby CanadianRVers on Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:56 am

WOW I can't believe what I am reading. I was towing 6800 with a 200 F150 5.4 litre & she worked like a dog 7 MPG on a good day! I went to a deisel last year & went to 14MPG. Traded off on a new 5er @ 9800 pounds & still get 10 MPG with the deisel. I have heard that the V10 gets as much mmilage as the deisels thogh I do not know that for a fact.
CanadianRVers
Doug & Cindy Walsh
08Kingston33SK
04 Silverado D/A
ImageImage
CanadianRVers

Unread postby fla-gypsy on Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:11 pm

Skip, I think I am going to make the jump, gonna call this week and put the order in. Decided on the black one.
fla-gypsy

Unread postby The Wood Tinker on Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:51 pm

fla-gypsy wrote:Skip, I think I am going to make the jump, gonna call this week and put the order in. Decided on the black one.

Black in Fla! Gonna be hot hot hot :!:
Jerry & Sharon †
Lake Elsinore, Calif
'08 F250 SD
'08 299BHS Tango
The Wood Tinker

Unread postby fla-gypsy on Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:21 am

That aint nothing new, every vehicle gets hot in Florida in the summer. Thanks to John Gorrie we can survive it a little easier.
fla-gypsy

Unread postby skipnchar on Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:41 am

fla-gypsy: Hope it works out well for you. I'll be interesting to hear about empty vs. loaded fuel mileage with the 6.8. I'm still going back and forth but am sure leaning on just keeping the F-150 cause it does a great job for me.

CanadianRVers, just a couple of notes: The 3 valve 5.4 is a far cry from the older versions of the Triton. Mine tows a travel weight of 9,000 lb. (plus a little bit) pretty darned well but with terrible mileage. I would expect the V-10 to get a LITTLE better fuel economy than the 5.4 while towing but nothing like the PSD would do. That's PART of the problem in making the decision. Big gasser will be somewhat better towing and quite a bit worse running bob tail (I'm getting 18.5 now and that would drop to around 15 with the v-10. The diesel would get quite a bit better towing and probably about the SAME as the 5.4 running around empty but the fuel costs almost a buck more per gallon. The big question is "how much will I be towing with the new prices in effect?" That's one I'm struggling with right now. We'll still be towing, I'm sure of that but also pretty sure it won't be the current 25,000 to 35,000 a year like we've been doing.

Since we try to travel using only our monthly income and currently have no truck payments AND I'd have to finance the new truck purchase, that just adds MORE reason to "dance with what brung me" and keep the F-150. I'm at LEAST in no hurry to make the decision. Probably would be some better deals near the end of the model year anyway. One thing about it is REALLY nice. I have no NEED to make a change so I'll be able to eventually decide what I WANT to do then do it.

skipnchar
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby campinfan on Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:22 pm

I just got an 08 F 250 FX4 with the V10 and 4.10 rear end. Now I have only towed twice for short distances but that baby pulls my 9000 lb loaded trailer like a dream. I get lots of compliments on it from the gas station owners :D

Actually, I am getting around 12 mpg not towing and not sure yet what I get towing.
2007 Crossroads Cruiser CT32SB
2008 F 250 Super Crew FX4, V10 4.10 Tow Command Package
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii12 ... 311412.jpg
campinfan

Unread postby skipnchar on Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:33 pm

I get lots of compliments on it from the gas station owners

:mrgreen: 12 MPG I BET they love it. There-in lies my problem. With gas prices being so high we MAY decide to tow less this year. I figure I'll get BETTER fuel economy with the V-10 while towing but when NOT towing I'd be loosing almost 7 MPG. If I consider a diesel I'd get even BETTER MPG while towing but running around bob tail with prices the way they are and getting about the SAME MPG unloaded makes THAT a pretty unattractive prospect also. I do MOST of my local driving with my trusty old Mazda B-4000 but THAT'S no economy car either getting only a couple of MPG better than the F-150 does.

I thinking at t his time I may just stand pat and see how things shake out for this summer. I don't see fuel prices EVER coming back down again (maybe a minor dip then right back up) so I have some decisions to make about allocation of resources. Do I want to travel badly enough to dip into savings? Do I enjoy local campgrounds enough to justify a 34 foot trailer? Will John and Marsha EVER get word of her father traveling in the amazon with amnesia? OK we can skip that last one :D

skipnchar
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby fla-gypsy on Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:04 pm

Well, I approved the spec sheet today, the ball is rolling. They want some money up front but we will see just how bad they want to sell one. I will in a few weeks be the proud owner of an 08 F 250 built to my wishes.
fla-gypsy

Unread postby The Wood Tinker on Thu May 01, 2008 10:53 pm

fla-gypsy wrote:Well, I approved the spec sheet today, the ball is rolling. They want some money up front but we will see just how bad they want to sell one. I will in a few weeks be the proud owner of an 08 F 250 built to my wishes.

Congrats Fla! That is going to be nice! 8-)
Jerry & Sharon †
Lake Elsinore, Calif
'08 F250 SD
'08 299BHS Tango
The Wood Tinker

Unread postby fla-gypsy on Fri May 02, 2008 5:33 pm

My preffered dealer is playing hardball with trade value so I may have to go to another but I will get the deal I want. Ford up'd the incentives yesterday as well so it is going to work out well.
fla-gypsy

Unread postby fla-gypsy on Sat May 03, 2008 9:34 pm

You can tell the dealers do not want to take big vehicles in trade. They are really making my deal very iffy right now. I have it on hold for the moment. I expected some negative equity but they want even come within 2000$ of legit value. I got to think about this one some more.
fla-gypsy

Unread postby Limey on Sun May 04, 2008 12:13 am

Bummer - sorry to hear that. Sign of the times and the economy, eh?
Martyn (aka Limey)

2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 QC CTD 4x4 SLT; 2007 Coachmen Chaparral 267RLS;
Reese 15K Slider; Prodigy; JT Stabilizers; Rotochoks; 2 Honda EU2000i's
2006 Glastron MX175
Limey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby skipnchar on Sun May 04, 2008 11:50 am

That's another thing that's making my decision to hold off a lot easier. The only way I'd even CONSIDER a new one right now is selling mine outright.

skipnchar
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby fla-gypsy on Sun May 04, 2008 5:39 pm

I have visited a 2nd dealer, I had to laugh at them and told them I wouldn't be insulted with that nonsense they were talking and left. Fortunately there are 7 Ford dealers in the metro area and I am very determined not to give away my beautiful 05 SuperDuty. I don't need a new one that bad. Market conditions certainly have to be considered when trading but I wasn't born yesterday and I have played this game many times. 3rd dealer on Monday night, we'll see how bad they want to make a deal.
fla-gypsy

Unread postby MCBOWERS on Sun May 04, 2008 6:19 pm

fla-gypsy wrote: I expected some negative equity but they want even come within 2000$ of legit value. I got to think about this one some more.

Of course i don't trade very often,but w/a firm fixed price on the new TV,i don;t see u closing the gap on that 2K very much ECPICIALLY if u still owe big bucks on it. A few dealers out here are taking in a trade & not paying off the trade-in,leaving the former owner in a pickel.BE CAREFULL.

skipnchar has it correct??

MCBOWERS
TV 1977Chevy 1 ton dually crewcab,w/smogless 454,Turbo 400,3.73
TT TC 23QB 2006 w/1200W inverter, 3 step charger,80W solar panel
ACHILLES hard bottom inflateable[12'] w/15hp Suzuki ob,ready to launch
MCBOWERS
Established Member
Established Member

Unread postby lifelongcampers on Tue May 06, 2008 12:11 am

PrivatePilot wrote:What kind of milage would you expect with the V10? Given the amount of miles you run on yearly basis, Skip, wouldn't a diesel still payoff well for you given the much higher MPG, even considering the higher fuel costs?

At almost a dollar a gallon more for diesel fuel I wonder if the difference in mileage makes much of a difference in fuel costs. Then consider the extra $8000 for the diesel engine. Plus you have to deal with the stink. I've driven the V10 and it's wonderful, smooth and powerful. One difference is the diesel cruises at low rpm and the V10 runs at a much higher rpm.
lifelongcampers

Unread postby CanadianRVers on Wed May 07, 2008 9:31 am

Thanks for the clarification skipnchar. I knew there had to be something different from my old 2000 5.4. You had me thinking that mine was just a pile of *&*%%. LOL. Anyway I love my Duramax now that we are pulling the new 5er.
CanadianRVers
Doug & Cindy Walsh
08Kingston33SK
04 Silverado D/A
ImageImage
CanadianRVers

Unread postby ButteBumBob on Wed May 07, 2008 11:46 am

fla-gypsy wrote:I have visited a 2nd dealer, I had to laugh at them and told them I wouldn't be insulted with that nonsense they were talking and left. Fortunately there are 7 Ford dealers in the metro area and I am very determined not to give away my beautiful 05 SuperDuty. I don't need a new one that bad. Market conditions certainly have to be considered when trading but I wasn't born yesterday and I have played this game many times. 3rd dealer on Monday night, we'll see how bad they want to make a deal.

just a thought , have you considered an F-350. The cost is only a few hundred dollars more and you get more payload.
If I could buy my truck over again, I would have gone with a GMC 3500.
2004 Crossroads Cruiser 29rk
2004 GMC Sierra, crewcab,SB,4x4,Duramax/Allison
1973 Seeker travel trailer (for the short trips)

ButteBumBob
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Unread postby fla-gypsy on Sun May 18, 2008 1:04 pm

Visited the 3rd dealer on Saturday night. Waiting for the call back.
fla-gypsy

Unread postby Filthy Beast on Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:17 pm

We just took advantage of the Chevy Employee Pricing, that plus $5000 rebate I got a Silverado 2500HD for $12000 under list price. Waiting for the new hitch and the end of September for the first outing with it.
Goody Two Shoes and the Filthy Beast
2008 Silverado 2500HD
4X4 Extended cab
6.6L Duramax, Allison Trans
2005 Rockwood 8280SS 5er
Filthy Beast

Unread postby fla-gypsy on Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:20 pm

Finally gave up for this year, nothing wrong with mine anyway
fla-gypsy

Unread postby Ozimo on Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:27 pm

skipnchar wrote:I keep telling here that we're working the truck pretty hard as our travel weight is over 14,000 lbs. so we REALLY should be looking at a bigger truck (I'm thinking a V-10 because I'm really not into paying those outlandish prices for diesel fuel).

We just sold our Dodge V10 to MTLogger (on rv.net) right before we headed to Oz. I loved that truck - it would pull a house without wasting a lot of fuel. Don't get me wrong I love my diesels, but that V10 was the greatest. Diesel is not going to get any cheaper in the near or distant future. Not as long as your EPA keeps tinkering with the ppms.
Capt. Abraham Quasuittuq
FV Ozimo III- Amsterdam
MV Aleutian Princess - Galapagos
Ozimo

Unread postby fla-gypsy on Wed May 06, 2009 10:40 pm

Alright I am reviving this thread as I have worked out something to make my deal fly albeit 1 year late. Will know by Saturday.
fla-gypsy

Unread postby Limey on Thu May 07, 2009 2:19 pm

fla-gypsy wrote:Alright I am reviving this thread as I have worked out something to make my deal fly albeit 1 year late. Will know by Saturday.

Excellent! Keep us posted :)
Martyn (aka Limey)

2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 QC CTD 4x4 SLT; 2007 Coachmen Chaparral 267RLS;
Reese 15K Slider; Prodigy; JT Stabilizers; Rotochoks; 2 Honda EU2000i's
2006 Glastron MX175
Limey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby JQSpree on Thu May 07, 2009 4:59 pm

Fla-Gypsy,I hope your quest is sucessful. I read most of this thread before I realized it was 2008!!! Skip, are you still looIking too? I just got my 07 Silverado 1500 at end of 07 and only have about 14K on it. But I have been second guessing whether I should have bought a 2500HD with the Duramax? As Skip mentioned, I was weighing what would be the best for the 90% when I wasn't towing vs which would tow best. And the ride of the 2500's was supposed to be a negative. But I sure see a lot of 2500's out there.

Here around Sacramento, you never see any heavy duty or 3/4 tons except Dodges and a Ford every now and then. I keep thinking that with the manuf in trouble and sales way down, I should be able to get the 2500 for less than $40k? But then, I would have to sell my 1500 for less than I think it is worth and as Skip said, lose my bed cover, step bars, etc. Diesel in currently selling for a little less than unleaded regular, for about $2.27 lowest I have seen. I had 4 Fords before this switchover.

Guess I will know more after I get back from Yellowstone and Tetons in June!
John and Darlene
2007 Chev Silverado 1500,5.3,w/3.73
2008 KZ Spree 260FL
JQSpree
Established Member
Established Member

Unread postby fla-gypsy on Thu May 07, 2009 5:33 pm

Skip did get his but I abandon my search last year and just picked it back up. I will be able to buy mine for 28,060. I already have it spec'd out.
fla-gypsy

Unread postby JQSpree on Fri May 08, 2009 9:42 pm

That should be nice. Guess we will see how we do on this next long trip.
John and Darlene
2007 Chev Silverado 1500,5.3,w/3.73
2008 KZ Spree 260FL
JQSpree
Established Member
Established Member

Unread postby fla-gypsy on Fri May 08, 2009 10:07 pm

I have an appt on Monday evening to do this deal. Everything is lining up very easy this time.
fla-gypsy

Unread postby fla-gypsy on Tue May 12, 2009 6:20 am

It is going down! I approved the spec sheet and token money traded hands. New Truck in 6-8 weeks.
fla-gypsy

Return to Tow Vehicles