Skip to content

Change font size

Truck Manufacturers

Tow vehicles - discuss, debate, and assistance.

Truck Manufacturers

Unread postby Bob Vaughn on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:54 am

After so many years of 5th wheel and travel trailer towing issues. Why doesn't truck mfg's of all brands make tow vehicles specific to towing needs. Why should a person with a heavy 5th wheel have to buy a noisy semi tractor to tow it.....Why not down size one of those trucks. Something more suitable for campground navigation. Plus why should a tow truck cost more than a house? :o
I am not fat just vertically challenged
Bob Vaughn

Re: Truck Manufacturers

Unread postby RoyandKaren on Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:06 pm

:P If you want to pull a 43' condo with four slides and 3 a/c's ya need more than an F-250. They can't build that kind of towing capacity into a standard pick up. And yup, that costs pesos. Many pesos.
We found a fiver we like and the price is good but we are not prepared to upgrade to a 1 ton dually to pull it so have to pass and stay within the capabilities of our Ram 2500 diesel.
RoyandKaren

Unread postby frank on Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:55 am

This is really funny because last night coming home from my grandsons hockey game on the 401 I see the transport towing a huge travel trailer.
I have a GMC 2500 diesel toes my fifth wheel just fine
frank

Unread postby picasoflake on Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:36 am

Knowledge is necessary as those who owned trailers because it must be necessary and such forum is very helpful to tell them to what they hire..
picasoflake

Return to Tow Vehicles