Skip to content

Change font size

Airline baggage costs!!!

General discussion not related to RV's or RV'ing - Consider this a "Catch All" for off topic posts.

Airline baggage costs!!!

Unread postby Rough2000 on Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:20 pm

I read in the paper today where several airlines are starting to charge for a second checked bag. It will cost $50 round trip for the second bag. While that is bad, one airline charges extra for the third bag, additional charge if it is over 50 lbs, and additional charges if it is over 62 inchs (l + h + w). The total round trip cost for the third bag could be $660.

While we complain about the increased cost for fuel, we're not held captive to what we can bring along in our RV's (within reason). After you consider the costs for airline, hotel, eating out, rental cars, etc, I still believe we have a heck of a bargin with our RV's. Beside, knowing who slept in the bed the night before...priceless. :mrgreen:
2006 Dodge Mega Cab w/ Cummins
"Real Trucks don't have Spark Plugs"
2009 Jayco Designer 34RLQS
What you said, what you thought you said and what I thought you said are THREE different things.
Rough2000
Established Member
Established Member

Re: Airline baggage costs!!!

Unread postby skipnchar on Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:23 pm

Hummm...I never thought of it before but I wonder if I could get away with charging DW a little extra when she packs too much stuff :D
2007 Rockwood 8314SS Travel Trailer
F-150 HD OR F-250 PSD SCREW (whichever I feel like driving)

skipnchar
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Airline baggage costs!!!

Unread postby Zinger on Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:28 pm

last time we went to fla we had to take things out of 1 bag and put in another to avoid $25 charge now we have a luggage scale. will be flying to fla april 10th so will see how much have changed
Have a good one
Greg Morin
2008 Zinger ZT 260 BH

Zinger
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to Non RV-Related Discussion